1. 44%. That’s the percentage of Americans who say they are either “非常に” または “somewhat” confident that Biden can handle the challenges posed by Covid-19. Less than a year ago — 行進 2021 — that number was at 65%. Among Democrats, that number has absolutely cratered — から 92% 3月 2021 に 69% 今.
2. 76%. That’s the number of Democrats who say they approve of the job Biden is doing in office. It’s down seven points from Pew polling last fall and down drastically from the 95% support of Democrats Biden enjoyed in March 2021. 周り 1 に 3 民主党 (37%) “強く” approve of the job Biden is doing.
ただ 3 に 10 Americans are either
” または “非常に” confident that Biden can
“bring the country closer together
,” which is one of the core pillars on which he built his presidential campaign
. “今日, on this January day
, my whole soul is in this
: Bringing America together
. Uniting our people
. And uniting our nation
,” Biden said in his inauguration speech
4. 20%. のみ 1 に 5 Americans say that Biden will be a successful president. Among Democrats, のみ 1 に 3 say they feel that way. A plurality (43%) of Americans believes Biden will be an unsuccessful president. While he’s only a year in, that sort of pessimism can be a self-fulfilling prophesy.
5. 72%. A large majority of Americans say that current economic conditions are either “公平” または “貧しい。” 民主党の間でも, のみ 36% say that the economy is either “良い” または “excellent.”
6. 35%. Asked whether they thought the economy would be better or worse next year, 大まかに 1 に 4 took the pessimist’s view. ただ 27% said it would be better than it is today, 一方 37% said the economy would be about the same as it is today.
7. 89%. That’s the number of Americans who said that “prices of food and consumer goods” are worse today than they were a year ago. ウィスコンシンの犯罪研究所によって破壊されたリッテンハウスのライフル 89%, 60% said prices were “たくさん” worse, 一方 29% 彼らは “somewhat” worse. 別の 82% said gas prices are worse this year than last.
8. 69%. ほとんど 7 に 10 Americans say that the coronavirus pandemic continues to be a major threat to the health of the economy. That number includes large majorities of Democrats (74%) と共和党 (66%).
The overall picture these numbers paint? A public that has lost confidence in Biden’s ability to get us to the other end of this pandemic and that has turned negative about the broader prospects for his presidency. People are worried about the economy — and Covid’s impact on it — while feeling the pinch of inflation on their daily necessities.
It’s a remarkably grim outlook. And one that suggests that Biden’s party is headed for a major comeuppance in November — unless things change both drastically and soon.