A 2-year-old boy died after ingesting fentanyl his mother bought, sê die polisie

A Kentucky mother has been arrested after her 2-year-old son ingested fentanyl, according to a news release from the Ludlow Police.

The mother, Lauren Baker, faces charges of murder, importing fentanyl and trafficking in a controlled substance, the release says.
According to an initial post-arrest complaint obtained by CNN, Baker admitted to Ludlow, Kentucky, police that she purchased the fentanyl in Cincinnati, Ohio, which is just a few miles away over the Ohio River. She returned to Ludlow, die klag sê, where she gave two people some of the drug.
      Op Donderdag, Maart 18, Baker told police shetook of a shotof fentanyl, die klag sê, and took a nap. When she woke up, the 2-year-old was not breathing and the contents of her purse, including the fentanyl, were scattered about, die klag sê.
        The boy’s father returned home and called 911, according to a police news release. The child was taken to Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, waar hy dood verklaar is, the release says. Baker was subsequently arrested by Ludlow police.
          According to the news release, investigators saw a substance they believed was fentanyl on Baker’s bed. She also took some fentanyl from her purse and gave it to police, lui die verklaring.
          It’s unclear whether Baker is represented by an attorney. CNN has reached out to the Kentucky Department of Public Advocacy to see if she’s represented by a public defender who would comment on her behalf.
            Kenton County Commonwealth’s Attorney Rob Sanders told CNN Baker has two other children who were already living with other family members in the weeks before her son’s death. An investigation by the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services has been openedto ensure the children’s safety and legal custody,” Sanders gesê.
            The child’s deathwill forever be a reminder that illicit drug use is not a victimless crime,” hy het gesê

            Kommentaar gesluit.