A 2-year-old boy died after ingesting fentanyl his mother bought, 警察は言う

A Kentucky mother has been arrested after her 2-year-old son ingested fentanyl, according to a news release from the Ludlow Police.

The mother, Lauren Baker, faces charges of murder, importing fentanyl and trafficking in a controlled substance, the release says.
According to an initial post-arrest complaint obtained by CNN, Baker admitted to Ludlow, ケンタッキー, police that she purchased the fentanyl in Cincinnati, オハイオ, which is just a few miles away over the Ohio River. She returned to Ludlow, the complaint says, where she gave two people some of the drug.
      木曜日に, 行進 18, Baker told police shetook of a shotof fentanyl, the complaint says, and took a nap. When she woke up, the 2-year-old was not breathing and the contents of her purse, including the fentanyl, were scattered about, the complaint says.
        The boy’s father returned home and called 911, according to a police news release. The child was taken to Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, where he was pronounced dead, the release says. Baker was subsequently arrested by Ludlow police.
          According to the news release, investigators saw a substance they believed was fentanyl on Baker’s bed. She also took some fentanyl from her purse and gave it to police, the statement says.
          It’s unclear whether Baker is represented by an attorney. CNN has reached out to the Kentucky Department of Public Advocacy to see if she’s represented by a public defender who would comment on her behalf.
            Kenton County Commonwealth’s Attorney Rob Sanders told CNN Baker has two other children who were already living with other family members in the weeks before her son’s death. An investigation by the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services has been openedto ensure the children’s safety and legal custody,” Sanders said.
            The child’s deathwill forever be a reminder that illicit drug use is not a victimless crime,” 彼は言った

            コメントは締め切りました.