A 2-year-old boy died after ingesting fentanyl his mother bought, 警察说

A Kentucky mother has been arrested after her 2-year-old son ingested fentanyl, according to a news release from the Ludlow Police.

The mother, Lauren Baker, faces charges of murder, importing fentanyl and trafficking in a controlled substance, the release says.
According to an initial post-arrest complaint obtained by CNN, Baker admitted to Ludlow, 肯塔基州, police that she purchased the fentanyl in Cincinnati, 俄亥俄, which is just a few miles away over the Ohio River. She returned to Ludlow, the complaint says, where she gave two people some of the drug.
      星期四, 游行 18, Baker told police shetook of a shotof fentanyl, the complaint says, and took a nap. When she woke up, the 2-year-old was not breathing and the contents of her purse, including the fentanyl, were scattered about, the complaint says.
        The boy’s father returned home and called 911, according to a police news release. The child was taken to Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, 他被宣告死亡, the release says. Baker was subsequently arrested by Ludlow police.
          According to the news release, investigators saw a substance they believed was fentanyl on Baker’s bed. She also took some fentanyl from her purse and gave it to police, 声明说.
          It’s unclear whether Baker is represented by an attorney. CNN has reached out to the Kentucky Department of Public Advocacy to see if she’s represented by a public defender who would comment on her behalf.
            Kenton County Commonwealth’s Attorney Rob Sanders told CNN Baker has two other children who were already living with other family members in the weeks before her son’s death. An investigation by the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services has been openedto ensure the children’s safety and legal custody,” 桑德斯说.
            The child’s deathwill forever be a reminder that illicit drug use is not a victimless crime,” 他说

            评论被关闭.