“While we have great respect for the legal process, we are obviously disappointed by and strongly disagree with the jury’s award in this case, which involved an unfortunate and isolated incident that occurred at one of our stores eight years ago,” Cracker Barrel Media Relations said in a statement emailed to CNN.
“Although we are considering our options with respect to this verdict, we are glad this matter is behind us so we can better focus on caring for our guests and employees around the country,” 声明は言った.
Cronnon was having lunch at a Cracker Barrel in Marion County in April 2014 when he took a sip of what he believed to be water, “only to immediately realize that it was not ice water but was some chemical that caused a burning sensation in his mouth and esophagus,” CNNが入手した裁判所の文書によると,
It was later discovered Cronnon had been served the chemical Eco-San, which was being used as a cleaner in the kitchen area, 裁判所の文書によると.
Eco-San, described as a corrosive chemical in the lawsuit, caused permanent and serious internal physical injury to Cronnon, 苦情は言った.
Cronnon is still suffering from symptoms, including injuries to his mouth and esophagus, Greer said, which have incurred and will continue to incur medical expenses.
“Cracker Barrel’s negligence didn’t just cause Mr. Smith physical harm; it took away part of his identity,” 彼は言った.
Cronnon did not wish to comment, Greer said.