In 'n twitterpos, Ocasio-Cortez het gesê dat hy na die VS kom. grens asiel is 'n wettige manier van aankoms.
Die progressiewe demokraat het ook gesê dat die Amerikaanse. has contributed to destabilization in certain areas of Latin America and “we can’t help set someone’s house on fire and then blame them for fleeing.”
As previously reported by Fox News, Harris made comments appearing to clarify the administration’s stance on immigration during a visit to Guatemala, where she said the U.S. intends to continue working toward securing its border.
“I want to emphasize that the goal of our work is to help Guatemalans find hope at home, at the same time I want to be clear to folks in this region who are thinking about making the dangerous trek to the United States-Mexico border — do not come, do not come,” sy het gese. “There are legal methods by which migration can and should occur.”
Harris said the administration would discourage illegal migration and that people who arrived at the border that way would be “turned back.” KLIK HIER VIR MEER OOR ONS TOPVERHAAL.
In ander ontwikkelings:
– Harris, in Guatemala, vertel potential migrants they will be turned back: ‘Do not come’
– Twitter spot Kamala Harris for passing out cookies of her faceless head to reporters
– Harris vertel Guatemalan president that migration is a top priority, after he blames us for surge
– ‘Vir Snerdley’ skeur ‘narcissist’ Harris for selfie cookies while fentanyl, sex trafficking flows over border
– Kamala Harris’ Mexiko, Guatemala besoek: Everything you need to know
California authorities vow ‘justice’ against couple accused of 6-year-old’s road rage murder
The Southern California couple suspected in connection with the road rage killing of a 6-year-old boy last month will appear in court Tuesday, as officials promised to “get justice” for the child in what they described as a disturbing case.