In a twitter post, Ocasio-Cortez said coming to the U.S. border seeking asylum is a legal method of arrival.
The progressive Democrat also said the U.S. has contributed to destabilization in certain areas of Latin America and “we can’t help set someone’s house on fire and then blame them for fleeing.”
As previously reported by Fox News, Harris made comments appearing to clarify the administration’s stance on immigration during a visit to Guatemala, where she said the U.S. intends to continue working toward securing its border.
“I want to emphasize that the goal of our work is to help Guatemalans find hope at home, at the same time I want to be clear to folks in this region who are thinking about making the dangerous trek to the United States-Mexico border — do not come, do not come,” lei disse. “There are legal methods by which migration can and should occur.”
Harris said the administration would discourage illegal migration and that people who arrived at the border that way would be “turned back.” CLICCA QUI PER MAGGIORI INFORMAZIONI SULLA NOSTRA STORIA PRINCIPALE.
In altri sviluppi:
– Harris, in Guatemala, racconta potential migrants they will be turned back: ‘Do not come’
– Twitter prende in giro Kamala Harris for passing out cookies of her faceless head to reporters
– Harris racconta Guatemalan president that migration is a top priority, after he blames us for surge
– 'Per Snerdley’ strappi ‘narcissist’ Harris for selfie cookies while fentanyl, sex trafficking flows over border
– Kamala Harris’ Messico, Guatemala visit: Everything you need sapere
Le autorità della California giurano "giustizia"’ contro la coppia accusata di omicidio su strada di un bambino di 6 anni
The Southern California couple suspected in connection with the road rage killing of a 6-year-old boy last month will appear in court Tuesday, as officials promised to “get justice” for the child in what they described as a disturbing case.