“I hear all the folks on TV saying why doesn’t Biden get this done?” the president said in an address after meeting survivors of the Tulsa, Oklahoma, race massacre at the Greenwood Cultural Center.
“Bien, because Biden only has a majority of effectively four votes in the House and a tie in the Senate, with two members of the Senate who vote more with my Republican friends,” él agregó, a rare public rebuke of members of his own party.
“June should be a month of action on Capitol Hill,” Biden dijo, as he appointed Vice President Kamala Harris to lead the White House’s efforts to expand voting rights. Biden vowed to “fight like heck” to get the For the People Act, already passed by the House, a través del Senado.
Both Manchin and Sinema vote with the president nearly 100% del tiempo, but they are opposed to nuking the 60-vote filibuster, a move that would likely be necessary to pass the sweeping For the People Act. The senators have been pressed to change their position on the Senate’s 60-vote hurdle, which is meant to prompt deliberation, especially after not enough Republicans voted with Democrats to form the Jan. 6 commission to study the Capitol riot. HAGA CLIC AQUÍ PARA MÁS.
En otros desarrollos:
– Biden taps Harris to lead White House fight to expand voting rights
– CNN: Kamala Harris’ equipo ‘dismayed’ by being held responsible for border crisis
– Biden llamadas Texas voting bill ‘wrong and un-American’
– Hannity rasgaduras Biden, Harris Memorial Day messages
– Larry Kudlow explosiones De Joe Biden $ 6 trillion proposed budget plan for generating ‘pathetic’ economic growth
– Deroy Murdock: Joe Biden and a tragic tale of 3 pipelines – Trump’s hard-won energy independence es desaparecido
JBS cyberattack forces shutdown of company’s US beef plants
JBS con sede en Brasil, the world’s largest meat producer, temporarily shuttered its U.S.-based beef plants Tuesday while responding to a cyberattack.