Biden pronunció su discurso, que duró poco más de una hora, desde la cámara de la casa el miércoles por la noche, resumiendo propuestas para continuar abordando la pandemia de coronavirus, a su paquete de trabajos, to universal preschool, healthcare, immigration reform, gun control, foreign policy and more.
“My fellow Americans, while the setting tonight is familiar, this gathering is just a little bit different. A reminder of the extraordinary times we’re in,” Biden said upon taking the podium.
Típicamente, there are approximately 1,600 people at a presidential address of this kind, but due to social distancing requirements amid the coronavirus pandemic, only approximately 200 guests were in attendance, incluso 80 House members and 60 senators.
“Throughout our history, presidents have come to this chamber to speak to Congress, to the nation and to the world, to declare war, to celebrate peace, to announce new plans, and possibilities,” Biden dijo. “Esta noche, I come to talk about crisis and opportunity — about rebuilding the nation, revitalizing our democracy, and winning the future for America.”
“As I stand here tonight, we are just one day shy of the 100th day of my administration. 100 days since I took the oath of office—lifted my hand off our family Bible—and inherited a nation—we all did—that was in crisis,” Biden dijo, pointing to the coronavirus pandemic, the economic downfall brought on by the pandemic, and the assault on the Capitol on Jan. 6, which he described as “the worst attack on our democracy since the Civil War.”
“Now — after just 100 days — I can report to the nation: America is on the move again. Turning peril into possibility. Crisis into opportunity. Setback into strength,” él dijo. HAGA CLIC AQUÍ PARA OBTENER MÁS INFORMACIÓN SOBRE NUESTRA PRINCIPAL HISTORIA.
En otros desarrollos:
– Howard Kurtz: Biden’s low-energy speech empuja costly agenda but doesn’t change the conversation
– David Bossie: Biden’s speech — top takeaways from president’s ‘100 days’ dirección al Congreso
– "Tío Tim’ slur against Tim Scott tendencias on Twitter after his Biden rebuttal
– Presidente 'Sleepy Joe’ Biden puts Su. Ted Cruz a dormir durante discurso ante el Congreso
– Winners and losers in Biden’s dirección to joint session of Congress
– Boebert aparece to troll Biden, Harris sobre la crisis fronteriza al desplegar una manta de Mylar
Andrew Giuliani blasts FBI raid on dad’s home: ‘This is absolutely absurd’
Andrew Giuliani fiercely defended his father Rudy Wednesday, blasting the FBI raid on the former New York City mayor’s home as “repugnante” y “absurd.”
“I am speaking as a son and a concerned American,” Giuliani told reporters outside Rudy Giuliani’s Big Apple home. “Anybody, any American, whether you are red or blue, should be extremely disturbed by what happened here today, by the continued politicization of the Justice Department.
“Esto es desagradable. This is absolutely absurd.”
The younger Giuliani’s comments came after federal investigators executed a search warrant on Rudy Giuliani’s home, seizing electronic devices.
The raid, which was first reported by the New York Times, comes as federal authorities were investigating whether he violated the law by lobbying the Trump administration on behalf of Ukrainian officials in 2019. Giuliani has served as former President Donald Trump’s personal attorney on a number of high-profile matters.
According to Giuliani’s attorney Robert Costello, seven FBI agents arrived at the apartment at 6 soy. on Wednesday and remained for roughly two hours. The agents seized several electronic devices, including laptops and cell phones. HAGA CLIC AQUÍ PARA MÁS.
DA argumenta que el auto de Andrew Brown Jr. atropelló a los oficiales dos veces, abogado de familia dio "evidentemente falso’ observaciones de bodycam
A district attorney in North Carolina said in court on Wednesday that Andrew Brown Jr.’s car “made contact” with sheriff’s deputies twice before law enforcement opened fire, calling comments made earlier this week by one of the attorneys representing Brown’s family about what was captured on 20 seconds of body camera footage “patently false.”
El reclamo se produjo durante una audiencia en el Palacio de Justicia del Condado de Pasquotank., donde el juez del Tribunal Superior Jeffery Foster dictaminó todas las imágenes de la cámara corporal de abril 21 fatal deputy-involved shooting of Brown will be delayed for public release for at least 30 dias.
District Attorney Andrew Womble told the judge that video showed Brown’s car made contact with deputies twice as he backed out of the driveway of his home in Elizabeth City, Carolina del Norte, that day, before law enforcement began firing.
“As it backs up, it does make contact with law enforcement officers,” Womble said, adding that the car stops again. “The next movement of the car is forward. It is in the direction of law enforcement and makes contact with law enforcement. It is then and only then that you hear shots.”
Statements made by attorney Chantel Cherry-Lassiter at a press conference earlier this week describing the “movements” of Brown’s car in the video are “patently false,” Womble added. HAGA CLIC AQUÍ PARA MÁS.
En otros desarrollos:
– Andrew Brown Jr: Protestas continue for eighth straight night, arrests made
– Andrew Brown Jr. tiroteo: NC sheriff dice cover-up accusations ‘completely not true’
– Andrew Brown Jr. independent autopsy revela fatal gunshot to back of head
LECTURAS DE HOY:
– Gorjeo explodes over Hunter Biden’s teaching gig at Tulane: ‘He should be in jail, not teaching the future’
– Delaware police officer declared dead after assault while responding to call for help
– 2 North Carolina deputies Disparo in Watauga County standoff; 1 muerto, 1 trapped in house at scene
– Bryce Harper of Phillies pegar in face by 97 mph bola rápida
LO MÁS RECIENTE DE FOX BUSINESS:
– Verizon explora sale of media assets, including parts of Yahoo and AOL
– Oregon restaurants and bars golpe latest indoor dining shutdown: ‘We’re pretty pissed’
– NOSOTROS. SEC enforcement head dimite after five days on the job
– Conservative advocacy group’s llevar on Biden’s first 100 dias
#TheFlashback: HAGA CLIC AQUÍ to find out what happened on “This Day in History.”
ALGUNAS PALABRAS DE PARTIDA
Sean Hannity blasted the cost of President Biden’s American Jobs Plan Wednesday night in which the “Hannity” host portrayed the chief executive as “very weak, very frail, cognitively challenged” and a man who “fails to have a grasp on the real state of our union.”
Aún no se ha registrado en Fox News First? Hacer clic aquí para descubrir lo que te estás perdiendo.
Fox News' Ir a la página de visualización Ya está disponible, Brindar a los visitantes opciones de proveedores de TV paga en su área con Fox News Channel. & Fox Business Network.
Fox News First fue compilado por Fox News’ Jack Durschlag. Gracias por hacernos su primera opción por la mañana.! We’ll see you in your inbox first thing Tuesday.