“Today we’re taking steps to confront not just the gun crisis, but what is actually a public health crisis,” Biden said from the White House.
Biden is asking that the Justice Department, within a month, propose a rule to stop “ghost guns,” which are “kits” people can buy legally then fully assemble to create a functioning firearm that does not have a serial number.
The president is also asking the DOJ within 60 days to propose a rule on braces used for handguns, which make them more accurate; proposing action on “community violence intervention”; asking the DOJ to publish suggestions for “red flag” legislation; and having his administration issue a report on gun trafficking.
Biden also formally announced David Chipman as director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). CLICK HERE FOR MORE ON OUR TOP STORY.
In other developments:
– Mark Steyn pushes back on Biden’s ‘gun grab’ by executive order
– GOP congresswoman calls Biden a ‘tyrant’ over Second Amendment comments
– JONATHAN TURLEY: Joe and Hunter Biden and ‘red flag’ gun laws – here comes the next big test for liberal media
– LAWRENCE KEANE: Biden lanza gun industry broadside and takes aim against Second Amendment rights
– Tucker Carlson: Biden wants to take your guns, but leave criminals with theirs
– Biden falsely claims gun manufacturers ‘can’t be sued’
Biden administration spending $ 60 million per week to care for migrant kids: reporte
The Biden administration is spending at least $ 60 million per week to house the more than 16,000 migrant minors in its care, according to a report.
That funding, which amounts to $ 3.1 billion per year, is used to care for children in facilities run by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) after they’ve been transferred from Border Patrol. Those costs are expected to rise dramatically over the coming months, according to a Washington Post analysis.
The amount is about four times the $ 760 million FY2020 budget for the Small Business Administration, and four times a similar amount allotted to the SBA that year to assist small businesses getting crushed by the COVID-19 epidemic.
Currently, 8,500 children are living in pop-up sites, y 4,000 more are waiting to be transferred from border facilities. CLICK HERE FOR MORE.
In other developments:
– Kamala Harris has gone 16 dias without a news conference since being tapped for border crisis role
– Arizona AG says Kamala Harris hasn’t responded to his invitation to tour the border
– DHS Secretary Mayorkas dicho to agree to regular meetings with border sheriffs
– Reps. Kat Cammack: Joe Biden posee become ‘trafficker-in-chief’ of southern border ‘crisis’
– 275 sheriffs sign letter to Biden on border crisis: ‘Reckless effort’ to put politics before safety
– Biden administration announces sky-high border numbers, looks to blame Trump
Police called to Meghan Markle, Prince Harry’s California mansion multiple times
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have experienced a rough welcome to their new home state of California.