Biden relying on Taliban thugs to grant Americans ‘safe passage’ out of Afghanistan
The White House is depending on the Taliban to give evacuating Americans “安全な通過” to the Kabul airport just six weeks after バイデン大統領 said he doesn’t trust the terrorist organization.
National security adviser Jake Sullivan joined White House press secretary Jen Psaki at the podium for a news conference Tuesday, where they took questions about the fallout from the U.S. アフガニスタンからの軍の撤退, which gave way to a swift Taliban takeover of the country.
Sullivan told reporters that the administration expects the Taliban “will have to be watched and observed over time” on whether it is “prepared to meet their obligations to the basic human rights and human dignity of people, to the safe passage of people, to the airport.”
“The Taliban have informed us that they are prepared to provide the safe passage of civilians to the airport, and we intend to hold them to that commitment,” Sullivan also said. He noted the administration was “in contact with the Taliban to ensure the safe passage of people to the airport.” トップストーリーの詳細については、ここをクリックしてください.
– ブレット・ベイヤー knocks White House response to Taliban takeover, ‘shocked’ by evacuation plan
– 国務省 tells Americans in Afghanistan to ‘shelter in place’ 彼らが大使館から聞くまで
– ホワイトハウス 認める ‘fair amount’ of US equipment in Afghanistan in Taliban hands
– タリバン 約束 to protect women’s rights … with a catch
– 我ら 停止しました dollar shipments to Afghanistan to keep cash out of Taliban’s hands
Runaway Texas Democrat a runaway bride too; flew to Portugal to get married
One of the Texas Democrats who fled the state in order to avoid voting on a controversial election integrity confirmed that she also recently traveled to Portugal.