Biden on Monday suggested that the withdrawal debacle was the result of the peace deal he “inherited” from former President Donald Trump and claimed his only options were between “escalating the conflict and sending thousands of American troops back into Afghanistan.”
“I stand squarely behind my decision. 后 20 年份, I learned the hard way that there was never a good time to withdraw U.S. 势力,” 拜登说. “That’s why we’re still there.”
Biden also pointed fingers at the Afghan army for lacking “the will to fight” for their future. And he said the slow-moving pace of evacuating the U.S.’s Afghan allies was in part because “some of the Afghans did not want to leave earlier — still hopeful for their country.”
The comments contrast with then-candidate Biden’s promise to do his “job and take responsibility” 为他的行为.
“It’s hard to believe this has to be said, but unlike this president, I’ll do my job and take responsibility,” Biden wrote in June 2020. “I won’t blame others. And I’ll never forget that the job isn’t about me — it’s about you.” 单击此处了解我们的更多故事.
– 拜登 许诺 military mission in Afghanistan will be short, limited in scope
– Leon Panetta 来电 Afghanistan a ‘Bay of Pigs’ moment for Biden: ‘Our credibility right now is in question’
– 人力资源. 麦克马斯特 说 Taliban takeover of Afghanistan a result of ‘precipitous withdrawal’
– 衬套 问题 statement on Afghanistan, sends direct message to US troops
– 五角大楼 说 取决于 22,000 ‘at-risk’ Afghans could be transported to US
– Nicolle Wallace 赞美 Biden Afghan address, claims ‘95%’ of Americans will ‘agree with everything’
US to recommend COVID vaccine booster jab for all Americans: 报告
Health officials in the U.S. are expected to recommend a COVID-19 booster shot for all Americans eight months after they’ve received the second shot, according to reports late Monday.
News outlets including the Associated Press and Reuters first reported on the planned booster recommendation. The AP’s report, citing two people familiar with the matter, said the third dose would only be administered after the Food and Drug Administration formally approves the vaccines.
The FDA and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention did not immediately respond to an after-hours email from Fox News. The FDA has already expanded the emergency use authorization of Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccines to authorize a booster shot for certain immunocompromised patients.
Pfizer and BioNTech said Monday that a third dose is safe and elicits an antibody response at levels that “significantly exceed” those seen in individuals who receive two doses of the jab. 点击这里了解更多.
– 辉瑞 说 COVID-19 vaccine booster dose effective, 安全
– Atlanta Falcons become the first NFL team 成为 100% 预防针 against COVID
– Washington’s Ron Rivera 大满贯 vaccine misinformation
– COVID-19 surge leaves hospitals facing major supply shortages, from trash cans to vital medical equipment
CNN 的 Chris Cuomo 解决了兄弟的辞职问题, 捍卫自己作为锚的行为: “我从来没有误导过任何人’
CNN anchor Chris Cuomo returned from his “long-planned vacation” on Monday and briefly addressed the resignation of his brother, Democratic New York Gov. 安德鲁·库莫（Andrew Cuomo）.