Biden’s Afghanistan remarks suggest possible extension of US mission past Aug. 31
拜登总统的 remarks following deadly terror attacks at Kabul’s airport suggested that U.S. activities in Afghanistan could continue beyond next Tuesday’s deadline for a permanent withdrawal of U.S. 军队, raising further questions about the current parameters of the mission.
Biden vowed to retaliate against ISIS-K militants responsible for the suicide bombings that killed at least 13 我们. military service members on Thursday, though he did not provide a timeline for when those strikes could occur. He also noted there would be “numerous opportunities” to evacuate at-risk individuals after Aug. 31, even as he pledged to maintain his current timeline for the withdrawal.
“These ISIS terrorists will not win. We will rescue the Americans there. We will get our Afghan allies out and our mission will go on,” 拜登说. “America will not be intimidated. And I have the utmost confidence in our brave service members who continue to execute this mission with courage and honor to save lives and get Americans, 我们的同伴, our Afghan allies out of Afghanistan.”
Biden has faced immense pressure from lawmakers to complete evacuation operations regardless of his deadline. The president pledged to move forward with evacuation flights despite the bombing, asserting that U.S. officials have sufficient time and resources to evacuate all Americans who wish to leave Afghanistan by Aug. 31. 单击此处了解我们的更多故事.
– 五角大楼 revises Kabul death-toll data, includes fallen Army soldiers
– Deadliest day for US troops in decade 比较 to another American tragedy
– More security threats put innocent lives in Kabul on notice after deadly attacks 离开 world numb
– 格林内尔: Disaster in Afghanistan a DC politician failure, not an intelligence failure
Biden doesn’t deny report of US handing over names of Americans to Taliban: ‘There may have been’
President Biden did not deny a report circulating Thursday that officials in his administration had provided names of Americans in Afghanistan to the Taliban in order to help usher them safely to the airport.
“There have been occasions where our military has contacted their military counterparts in the Taliban and said this bus is coming through … made up of the following group … let it through,” 总统说. “是, there have been occasions like that.”
Biden added that to his knowledge, 的 “bulk of that group” has been let through but can’t say with “certitude” that there was a list of names passed to the Taliban.
Biden was responding to a Politico report, confirmed by Fox News, 那美国. officials in Kabul gave the Taliban a list of American citizens, green card holders, and Afghan allies in an effort to grant them entry to the airport which resulted in outrage from military officials behind the scenes.
A source confirmed to Fox News that the topic did come up in a classified briefing on Capitol Hill this week and that U.S. officials did not hand over a list of “every single person in country” but has shared names piecemeal with the Taliban “whenever they wanted a specific group to come through.” 点击这里了解更多.
– 阿富汗爆炸: 13 US service members 被杀 in Kabul airport blast, more wounded, 官员说
– 拜登, Trump camps 玩 blame game as situation in Afghanistan continues to deteriorate
– Foreign policy expert 揭示了 how Biden could’ve prevented today’s catastrophe
– 肖恩·帕内尔: Witnessing Biden ‘bend the knee’ to Taliban 是 ‘soul-crushing’
Cawthorn calls on Harris to invoke 25th Amendment, remove Biden over Afghanistan crisis
我们. 代表. 麦迪逊·科索恩（Madison Cawthorn）, a freshman Republican from North Carolina, is calling on Vice President Kamala Harris to invoke the 25th Amendment and remove President Biden from office following the deadly, botched withdrawal of U.S. 来自阿富汗的军队.
“Our nation is at a crisis point,” he wrote in a letter to Harris and the rest of the cabinet Thursday.
He warned of China’s ambitions on the world stage, the resurgent Russia, rising inflation, chaos at the southern border and other global predicaments threatening the U.S. – and argued that confronting them will take strong, decisive leadership.
“Joe Biden’s physical inability to lead is not a political talking point – it’s a demonstrable fact,” Cawthorn told Fox News on Thursday evening. “He is not mentally fit to serve as president of the United States.” 点击这里了解更多.
– 卡马拉·哈里斯 stops at Pearl Harbor on way back from Asia — but avoids press questions
– 海利, 布莱克本, other Republicans 呼叫 for Biden’s resignation or impeachment after attack at Kabul airport
– 卡马拉·哈里斯 说 撤离美国人, Afghan allies is Biden admin’s ‘highest priority’
– 拉拉·特朗普（Lara Trump） 爆炸 Kamala Harris on Afghanistan: She thinks we’ll all forget about this
– Officer who 射击 Ashli Babbitt gives first public interview to NBC News
– 最高法院 strikes down Biden administration’s eviction moratorium
– 洛杉矶. County’s liberal DA won’t block RFK assassin’s parole if granted, 他说
– Abbott’s order allowing Texas troopers to stop migrant transports faces judge’s injunction
– Cuomo’s ex Sandra Lee and fiancé Ben Youcef 返回 to US after politician ousted from office
– 苹果 loosens app store payment rules in lawsuit settlement
– Family of Al Capone to sell notorious mobster’s treasures at auction: ‘A very complex person’
– Verizon promotes defunding the police and idea America is fundamentally racist: 报告
– Wholesale food distributor 被迫 to delay, needs to increase workforce
– World’s largest chipmaker to raise 价格, threatening costlier electronics
Jesse Kelly, a Marine Corps veteran and syndicated radio host, sounded off on Thursday’s “塔克·卡尔森今晚,” about President Biden’s intensifying crisis in Afghanistan after at least 13 我们. service members died in a terror attack in Kabul.
“政治. No patriotism at all, no love of country at all,” Kelly said. “This is all politics, 塔克. That’s why I’m is full of hate and rage right now as I have been probably since 9/11.
“I know for a fact either mothers or wives or somebody like that, they are getting a phone call tonight or will be getting a phone call shortly, they’re going to find out husband is never coming home again — Daddy is never coming home again. My son is never coming home again.”
尚未注册Fox News First? 请点击 这里 找出你所缺少的.
福克斯新闻' 转到观看页面 现在可用, 在带有Fox新闻频道的区域为访问者提供付费电视提供商选择 & 福克斯商务网.
Fox News First由Fox News编写’ 杰克·杜斯拉格. 谢谢您使我们成为您早晨的首选, have a great weekend, 安全起见，我们周一将在您的收件箱中第一时间见您.