Longtime GOP senator and presidential candidate Bob Dole dead at 98
Voormalige Senaat Majority Leader Bob Dole died Sunday morning at age 98, his wife’s foundation announced.
“It is with heavy hearts we announce that Senator Robert Joseph Dole died early this morning in his sleep,” the Elizabeth Dole Foundation tweeted. “By sy dood, op ouderdom 98, he had served the United States of America faithfully for 79 jare. More information coming soon.”
Dole announced earlier this year that he was being treated for stage 4 Long kanker, which prompted a visit at the time by President Biden to his Washington, D.C., huis toe.
Dole, the former Kansas senator, was a World War II veteran who lost the use of his right arm on the battlefield in Italy. As former national chairman of the World War II Memorial Commission, he helped raise nearly $ 200 million for a WWII memorial on the National Mall, which was completed in 2004.
Dole was the Republican Party’s 1996 presidential nominee and had a political career spanning nearly four decades. Former President Bill Clinton presented Dole with the Presidential Medal of Freedom months after winning the election against him.
Oudpresident George W.. Bush issued a statement Sunday saying Dole represented “the finest of American values.”
Dole is survived by his wife, former North Carolina GOP Sen. Elizabeth Dole, wie is 85. KLIK HIER VIR MEER OOR ONS TOPVERHAAL.
In ander ontwikkelings
– Republikeine, Demokrate reageer to Bob Dole’s death: He ‘represented the finest of American values’
– Bob Dole was a WWII hero and carried his battle scars the rest of his life
– Liberal anchor downplays Bob Dole’s record because of Trump support
– Bob Dole’s passing has veterans wishing for ‘more people like him’
Former CNN anchor calls on network to replace Chris Cuomo with a woman
Former CNN anchor Brooke Baldwin asked her previous employer to consider a new female primetime host in an Instagram video on Sunday while addressing the termination of scandal-ridden host Chris Cuomo.
“Just like so many of you I saw the news on Saturday about a sudden change in CNN primetime, and I have no comment on that decision,” Baldwin gesê op Sondag. “But just as someone, as a woman who worked there for over a decade who has the upmost respect for my former colleagues, I just wanted to share something with you today, and that is when I saw the news pop onto my phone, I did something I hadn’t done since I left that place. I went back and I re-watched my parting words on my last newscast back in April.”
Upon her departure from CNN in April, Baldwin aired her grievances about the lack of opportunities for women at the network.
“The most influential anchors on our network, the highest-paid, are men. My bosses, my executives, are men. The person who oversees CNN Dayside is a man, and my executive producer for 10 years is a man. So I’ve been surrounded by a lot of men,” Baldwin said.
Cuomo’s termination at CNN followed a one-week suspension after a New York attorney general investigation showed him using his media connections in an attempt to cover for the scandals surrounding his brother former Goewerneur. Andrew Cuomo. CNN announced Cuomo’s official firing in a statement on Saturday.
“Chris Cuomo was suspended earlier this week pending further evaluation of new information that came to light about his involvement with his brother’s defense. We retained a respected law firm to conduct the review, and have terminated him, onmiddellik van krag,” die verklaring gelees. “While in the process of that review, additional information has come to light. Despite the termination, we will investigate as appropriate.” CLICK HERE TO READ MORE.
In ander ontwikkelings
– New Chris Cuomo sexual misconduct allegation emerged days before CNN firing: verslag doen
– Jeff Zucker protected Chris Cuomo, ‘his man,’ until the new details proved too damaging: Howard Kurtz
– Stelter’s ‘non-CNN voices’ Cuomo panel sluit in former CNN staffer, professor who won’t say CNN lost trust
– Joe dop skeur Chris Cuomo: Sy 'ego, hubris, en 'n totale gebrek aan 'n morele kompas’ tot beëindiging gelei het
Michigan sheriff in contact with ‘person of interest’ connected to building where Crumbleys found, prokureur sê
'N Oakland County, Michigan, resident has retained a lawyer for his reported connection into the disappearances of James and Jennifer Crumbley, the parents of accused school shooter Ethan Crumbley. The Michigan resident is in contact with the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office, and a meeting is planned for Monday afternoon, Fox News verneem het.
Andrzej Sikora, 65, is an Oakland County resident and owner of Decora Interior Art Design, which has a location inside the building where James and Jennifer Crumbley were found by law enforcement officers early Saturday morning.
Sikora’s attorney, Clarence Dass, issued a statement on Sunday saying that Sikora is a “persoon van belang” but has not been charged with any crime.
“Mnr. Sikora has not been charged with any crime. Nietemin, upon learning of the Crumbleys’ arrest on December 4, 2021, he voluntarily contacted the Detroit Police Department and Oakland County Sheriff’s Office to provide information,” Dass said.
James and Jennifer Crumbley were charged with four counts of involuntary manslaughter after their son, Ethan Crumbley, was charged in the shooting at Oxford High School where four people were killed and at least seven others were injured.
The couple disappeared on Friday and were found in a basement in a Detroit building on early Saturday morning by law enforcement officers. CLICK HERE TO READ MORE.
In ander ontwikkelings
– Michigan ‘person of interest’ didn’t know about Crumbley charges before he let them ‘come by,’ prokureur sê
– Michigan superintendent kondig aan independent investigation of actions leading up to Oxford High shooting
– Oxford school shooting charges against parents spur debate: Who’s at fault?
– Alleged Michigan school shooter convinced officials violent drawings were harmless pursuit
– Almal 3 Crumbleys locked up in same Michigan jail, sê owerhede
VANDAG SE MOET-LEES:
– China may be eyeing its first military base on the Atlantic Ocean: verslag doen
– Kareem Abdul-Jabbar skeur LeBron James over ‘childish’ viering: ‘GOATs don’t dance’
– Chrissy Teigen freezes out seats around her at Christmas classic
– Dem-dominated state ranks as ‘least free‘ in the country, survey shows
– Why a UFC fighter wil hê to go up against Vince Vaughn
– Mike Pence addresses relationship with Trump after Jan. 6
DIE NUUTSTE VAN FOX BUSINESS:
– Restaurant in Dem-run city sorry for kicking out cops, but there’s a catch
– ‘F–K YOU, DUDE’: Video na vore kom of CEO informing about 900 employees they’ve been let go before holidays
– Report on Seattle mayor’s missing texts yet to materialize
– US State Department phones reportedly hacked, linked to NSO Group software
– Why Instagram vra users to create second accounts
– Holiday tipping guide: Who to tip and how much, according to survey
Fox News’ Trey Gowdy on Sunday evening discussed the importance of “regverdigheid” en “respek” as the country’s trust in mainstream media organizations hits record lows.
“Our framers realized the need for a free press,” die “Sunday Night in America” gasheer gesê. “It was so important they put it in the First Amendment … the Constitution said that the press should be free – but it doesn’t require media to be fair. We however should require that. We should insist on that. Because there is little use in having a free press if the public doesn’t trust or respect that press.”
Nog nie aangemeld vir Fox News First nie? Click here om uit te vind wat jy mis.
Fox News se Gaan Kyk bladsy is nou beskikbaar, providing visitors with Pay TV provider options in their area carrying Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network.
Fox News First is saamgestel deur Fox News’ David Aaro. Dankie dat u die oggend u eerste keuse gemaak het! Ons sien jou eerste Dinsdag in jou inkassie.