Longtime GOP senator and presidential candidate Bob Dole dead at 98
Anterior Senado Majority Leader Bob Dole died Sunday morning at age 98, his wife’s foundation announced.
“Con gran pesar anunciamos que el senador Robert Joseph Dole murió temprano esta mañana mientras dormía.,” the Elizabeth Dole Foundation tweeted. “A su muerte, a la edad 98, he had served the United States of America faithfully for 79 años. More information coming soon.”
Dole announced earlier this year that he was being treated for stage 4 lung cancer, which prompted a visit at the time by President Biden to his Washington, CORRIENTE CONTINUA., hogar.
Dole, the former Kansas senator, was a World War II veteran who lost the use of his right arm on the battlefield in Italy. As former national chairman of the World War II Memorial Commission, he helped raise nearly $ 200 million for a WWII memorial on the National Mall, which was completed in 2004.
Dole was the Republican Party’s 1996 presidential nominee and had a political career spanning nearly four decades. Former President Bill Clinton presented Dole with the Presidential Medal of Freedom months after winning the election against him.
El ex presidente George W. Bush issued a statement Sunday saying Dole represented “the finest of American values.”
Dole is survived by his wife, former North Carolina GOP Sen. Elizabeth Dole, quién es 85. HAGA CLIC AQUÍ PARA OBTENER MÁS INFORMACIÓN SOBRE NUESTRA PRINCIPAL HISTORIA.
En otros desarrollos
– Republicanos, Demócratas reaccionar to Bob Dole’s death: Él "representó los mejores valores estadounidenses’
– Bob Dole was a WWII hero and carried his battle scars the rest of his life
– Liberal anchor downplays Bob Dole’s record because of Trump support
– Bob Dole’s passing has veterans deseando for ‘more people like him’
Former CNN anchor calls on network to replace Chris Cuomo with a woman
Former CNN anchor Brooke Baldwin asked her previous employer to consider a new female primetime host in an Instagram video on Sunday while addressing the termination of scandal-ridden host Chris Cuomo.
“Just like so many of you I saw the news on Saturday about a sudden change in CNN primetime, and I have no comment on that decision,” Baldwin dicho el domingo. “But just as someone, as a woman who worked there for over a decade who has the upmost respect for my former colleagues, I just wanted to share something with you today, and that is when I saw the news pop onto my phone, I did something I hadn’t done since I left that place. I went back and I re-watched my parting words on my last newscast back in April.”
Upon her departure from CNN in April, Baldwin aired her grievances about the lack of opportunities for women at the network.
“The most influential anchors on our network, the highest-paid, are men. My bosses, my executives, are men. The person who oversees CNN Dayside is a man, and my executive producer for 10 years is a man. So I’ve been surrounded by a lot of men,” Baldwin said.
Cuomo’s termination at CNN followed a one-week suspension after a New York attorney general investigation showed him using his media connections in an attempt to cover for the scandals surrounding his brother former Gobernador. Andrew Cuomo. CNN announced Cuomo’s official firing in a statement on Saturday.
“Chris Cuomo was suspended earlier this week pending further evaluation of new information that came to light about his involvement with his brother’s defense. We retained a respected law firm to conduct the review, and have terminated him, efectivo inmediatamente,” la declaración leída. “While in the process of that review, additional information has come to light. Despite the termination, we will investigate as appropriate.” CLICK HERE TO READ MORE.
En otros desarrollos
– New Chris Cuomo sexual misconduct allegation emerged days before CNN firing: reporte
– Jeff Zucker protected Chris Cuomo, ‘his man,’ until the new details proved too damaging: Howard Kurtz
– Stelter’s ‘non-CNN voices’ Cuomo panel incluye former CNN staffer, professor who won’t say CNN lost trust
– Joe Concha rasgaduras Chris Cuomo: His ‘ego, hubris, and a complete lack of a moral compass’ led to termination
Michigan sheriff in contact with ‘person of interest’ connected to building where Crumbleys found, abogado dice
Un Oakland County, Michigan, resident has retained a lawyer for his reported connection into the disappearances of James and Jennifer Crumbley, the parents of accused school shooter Ethan Crumbley. The Michigan resident is in contact with the Oakland County Oficina del alguacil, and a meeting is planned for Monday afternoon, Fox News ha aprendido.
Andrzej Sikora, 65, is an Oakland County resident and owner of Decora Interior Art Design, which has a location inside the building where James and Jennifer Crumbley were found by law enforcement officers early Saturday morning.
Sikora’s attorney, Clarence Dass, issued a statement on Sunday saying that Sikora is a “persona de interés” but has not been charged with any crime.
“señor. Sikora has not been charged with any crime. sin embargo, upon learning of the Crumbleys’ arrest on December 4, 2021, he voluntarily contacted the Detroit Police Department and Oakland County Sheriff’s Office to provide information,” Dass said.
James and Jennifer Crumbley were charged with four counts of involuntary manslaughter after their son, Ethan Crumbley, was charged in the shooting at Oxford High School where four people were killed and at least seven others were injured.
The couple disappeared on Friday and were found in a basement in a Detroit building on early Saturday morning by law enforcement officers. CLICK HERE TO READ MORE.
En otros desarrollos
– Michigan ‘person of interest’ didn’t saber about Crumbley charges before he let them ‘come by,’ abogado dice
– Michigan superintendent anuncia independent investigation of actions leading up to Oxford High shooting
– Oxford school shooting charges contra los padres spur debate: Who’s at fault?
– Alleged Michigan school shooter convencido officials violent drawings were harmless pursuit
– Todos 3 Crumbleys locked up in same Michigan jail, las autoridades dicen
LECTURAS DE HOY:
– China may be eyeing its first military base on the Atlantic Ocean: reporte
– Kareem Abdul-Jabbar rasgaduras LeBron James over ‘childish’ celebracion: ‘GOATs don’t dance’
– Chrissy Teigen freezes out seats around her at Christmas classic
– Dem-dominated state ranks as ‘least free‘ en el país, survey shows
– Why a UFC fighter wants to go up against Vince Vaughn
– Mike Pence addresses relationship with Trump after Jan. 6
LO MÁS RECIENTE DE FOX BUSINESS:
– Restaurant in Dem-run city sorry for kicking out policías, but there’s a catch
– 'F–K YOU, DUDE’: Video emerges of CEO informing about 900 employees they’ve been let go before holidays
– Report on Seattle mayor’s missing texts yet to materialize
– US State Department phones reportedly hacked, linked to NSO Group software
– Why Instagram asks users to create second accounts
– Holiday tipping guide: Who to tip and how much, according to survey
ALGUNAS PALABRAS DE PARTIDA
Fox News’ Trey Gowdy on Sunday evening discussed the importance of “fairness” y “respect” as the country’s trust in mainstream media organizations hits record lows.
“Nuestros redactores se dieron cuenta de la necesidad de una prensa libre,” la “Domingo por la noche en América” anfitrión dijo. “It was so important they put it in the First Amendment … the Constitution said that the press should be free – but it doesn’t require media to be fair. We however should require that. We should insist on that. Because there is little use in having a free press if the public doesn’t trust or respect that press.”
Aún no se ha registrado en Fox News First? Click here para descubrir lo que te estás perdiendo.
Fox News' Ir a la página de visualización Ya está disponible, providing visitors with Pay TV provider options in their area carrying Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network.
Fox News First fue compilado por Fox News’ David Aaro. Gracias por hacernos su primera opción por la mañana.! We’ll see you in your inbox first thing Tuesday.