“If you’re like me and enjoy eating breakfast with one hand while using the other hand to type or scroll through your social media feed, これらのエッグカップはあなたのためです!” スティールは “フレッシュエッグデイリークックブック。”
“卵, チーズ, and crunchy toast combine in muffin tins for a compact, convenient bite,” 彼女は続けた.
“I usually don’t add meat, but if you wish, you could crumble some cooked sausage or bacon in the cups before you add the cheese,” she also wrote.
She noted that these are easy to make for a crowd because they bake up to a dozen at a time — and look a lot fancier then they are.
Steele is partial to Gouda or Cheddar cheese in the recipe, but experiment with different cheeses to see what you like best.
Toasty Baked Egg Cups by Lisa Steele, author of ‘The Fresh Eggs Daily Cookbook’
Makes 12 Servings
Prep time: 15 分
Cook time: 17-20 分
12 slices sandwich bread
6 tablespoons butter, melted
¾ cup shredded Gouda cheese
Freshly ground black pepper
Chopped chives for garnish
1. 細かく刻んだて 375 度. Trim the crusts off the bread slices and use a rolling pin to flatten each slice into a square.
2. Generously brush both sides of each slice of bread with the melted butter and then press one slice into each cup of a standard muffin tin, forming bread “bowls.” Divide the cheese among the cups, then carefully break and slide one egg into each cup. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Bake the egg cups for about 17 minutes until the whites are set, the yolks are cooked to your liking, and the toast points are golden brown. Remove the pan from the oven and run the tip of a butter knife around the edge of each cup to loosen it from the pan.
4. Let the toast cups cool for a few minutes, then carefully remove them from the pan. (Two forks make this easier.)
5. Garnish with chopped chives and serve.
This original recipe is owned by fresheggsdaily.com and was shared with Fox News Digital.