Batali’s accuser claims she was taking photos of him at a Boston restaurant in 2017 when he invited her over to take a photo together. At which time, she alleges that he touched her without her consent and then forcibly kissed her.
The famed Italian chef was subsequently charged with indecent assault and battery.
而前者 “Iron Chef” star pleaded not guilty to the charges in 2019, he said the alleged actions “match up” with his behavior at the time.
“I have made many mistakes and I am so very sorry that I have disappointed my friends, 我的家庭, my fans and my team,” 他当时说, 美联社报道. “My behavior was wrong and there are no excuses. I take full responsibility.”
His legal representation previously said the 2019 allegation is “without merit.”
Immediately after the allegations surfaced in 2017, Batali stepped down from actively managing his restaurants and left his cooking shows.
Batali will appear in Boston Municipal Court Monday and could face up to 2-and-a-half years in jail if he is convicted. A guilty conviction would also require Batali to register as a sex offender.
去年, Batali, his business partner, and their New York restaurant company settled with the New York attorney general’s office, after a four-year investigation into alleged misconduct between restaurant management and their employees, and agreed to pay $ 600,000.