This apple crisp is indulgent, especially with the recommended vanilla ice cream on top, so Harlow said this is a Thanksgiving and fall weather must-have. The crunchy butter and brown sugar mixture that makes up the top layer melds with the gooey, cinnamon-laced inside for a blend of textures and warm flavors.
“It’s really, really the best when it’s warm right out of the oven, with the vanilla ice cream,” Harlow said. “You can’t make that enough.” (Warm means waiting at least 15 minutes to ensure the apples don’t burn the roof of your mouth.)
The recipe is forgiving, Harlow said. She does “measure it-ish,” but usually plays it by ear. Double the measurements in a bigger dish if you can’t get enough. The recipe doesn’t call for a specific type of apple, but Harlow’s favorite is Honeycrisp (for a Honeycrisp apple crisp). Harlow said you can add more apples as you please, and make sure to butter the baking dish.
The recipe serves around eight people at her house, and still tastes good reheated as leftovers. With only a few ingredients and six steps, this recipe is too easy not to make — just for the aroma alone.
This apple crisp is at its best when served warm and topped with vanilla ice cream. If the apples are tart, use 1/3 cup of each type of sugar instead of ¼ cup each. To serve a crowd, double the recipe and bake in a 9×13-inch pan.
만들다 8 서빙
- 5 apples, preferably Honeycrisp
- 1/3 cup softened unsalted butter, plus more for baking dish
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- Vanilla ice cream for serving (선택 과목, but highly recommended)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 화씨 (177 섭씨 온도). If using a glass dish, preheat to 375 에프 (191 씨).
2. Peel and thinly slice apples, and place in 8×8-inch buttered baking dish.
3. To make the oatmeal mixture, combine in a bowl: cinnamon, brown and white sugars, flour, salt and oats.
4. Mix 1/3 cup softened butter into the oatmeal mixture with your fingers.
5. Spread the oatmeal mixture on top of apples and press down slightly.
6. Bake until the top is a little brown and the apples are tender, 약 30 의사록. Let cool for 15 minutes and serve warm. Top with vanilla ice cream, if desired.