The 5,500-mile pipeline system transports more than 100 million gallons of gasoline, 柴油机, jet fuel and heating oil per day, 或大致 45% of fuel consumed on the Eastern Seaboard between the Gulf Coast and the New York metro area.
Colonial Pipeline Co. said on Monday that it is aiming to substantially restore its system by the end of the week.
Gasbuddy senior petroleum analyst Patrick De Haan noted that Monday’s gasoline demand soared across the country.
The East Coast reported a 32.5% increase in demand Monday compared to the previous week, followed by the Midwest at 16.2%, the Gulf Coast at 13.1%, the Rocky Mountain region at 6.6% and the West Coast at 8.4%.
Gasbuddy – which operates apps and websites based on finding real-time fuel prices at more than 140,000 gas stations – is predicting that the national average for gas prices could hit $ 3 per gallon within the next week. That would make for the highest level of prices seen since 2014. 然而, the tech research company attributes the increase to the economic recovery associated with the COVID-19 pandemic rather than the impact of the disruption. 单击此处了解我们的更多故事.
– 白色的房子 细节 ‘comprehensive’ Colonial Pipeline response
– Colonial Pipeline using 易受伤害的, outdated version of Microsoft Exchange: 报告
– 拉里·库德洛: Cyber hacking of the Colonial Pipeline and ‘Hamas shooting war on Israel’ are linked
– 纽约时报 平移 for claiming pipeline cyberattack caused no hike in gas prices or long refueling lines
– Colonial Pipeline 更新 customers on fuel delivery amid outage
– Colonial Pipeline 火花 panic buying, 离开超过 1,000 gas stations across several states without fuel
– 塔克·卡尔森: 白宫 批准 gasoline shortage, it’s their Green New Deal
– 英格拉汉姆: 拜登 是 out of gas, is now America’s problem denier
– 汉尼提 大满贯 Biden administration over fuel shortage, 价格上涨: 敌人在做后空翻’
White House says Israeli actions work ‘against’ solution to crisis
White House press secretary Jen Psaki said that plans to evict dozens of Palestinians from an east Jerusalem neighborhood work “against” U.S.-Israeli interests in finding a solution to the conflict and condemned “extremism that has inflicted violence on both communities.”
Psaki reiterated the administration’s support for a two-state solution.
拜登的 “team is communicating a clear and consistent message in support of de-escalation,” 普萨基告诉记者. “That is our primary focus. The president’s support for Israel’s security, for its legitimate right to defend itself and its people is fundamental and will never waver.”
She condemned rocket attacks against Israel by Hamas and other terrorist groups but highlighted the rights of Palestinians as well as Israelis.
“We believe Palestinians and Israelis deserve equal measures of freedom, 安全, dignity and prosperity,” 她继续. “And U.S. officials in recent weeks have spoken candidly with Israeli officials about how evictions of Palestinian families who have lived for years, sometimes decades in their homes and of demolitions of these homes work against our common interests in achieving a solution to the conflict in the coming days, as Muslims gather with family and friends to celebrate Eid and Dawn together to mark the beginning of Shabbat, let us affirm that all people of faith deserve to enjoy these important celebrations without fear of violence.”
Tensions have risen in recent weeks between Israeli police and Palestinian protesters over the eviction plans. But another flashpoint in the Old City has been the Al-Aqsa Mosque compound, the third holiest site of Islam and the holiest site of Judaism, which refers to it as the Temple Mount. 哈马斯, the militant group ruling the Gaza Strip, had given Israel a deadline to withdraw its security forces from the Al-Aqsa compound, and when the deadline expired, fired a barrage of 600 rockets into Israel, setting off air raid sirens.
Israel responded with airstrikes on Gaza, 杀人 28 人, 包含 10 孩子们, according to the Wall Street Journal. The Israeli military said three Israelis had been killed by Hamas’ rocket fire. The military said it was investigating reports that children had been killed, and some casualties could have been the result of rockets sent from Gaza that exploded before reaching Israel. 点击这里了解更多.
– 哈马斯 lobs hundreds of rockets in 24 小时, Israel responds by attacking targets in Gaza
– 佩洛西, AOC’s 注释 on airstrikes in Gaza and Israel underscores divide among Democrats
– 内塔尼亚胡 来电 state of emergency after violent clashes in Lod
– American-Israeli family 说出来 from bomb shelter as Hamas launches terror attack on their community
– 抗议者 支持 以色列, Palestinians clash in New York
马特·泰比: Media outlets ‘once challenged the Spy State,’ now they’re ‘agents’ of it
Journalist Matt Taibbi blasted members of the media for their transformation from being challengers to what he referred to as the “Spy State” to becoming “代理” of it.