“I personally love the texture that the rice gives to this pudding,” Conchar writes. “Letting it simmer slowly allows it to puff up and be more dessert-like. The combination of texture and flavor is delightful.”
She also suggests adding raisins to the pudding “to make this dish even more classic and flavorful.”
1 large egg
1/4 cup (52g) white or light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
2 cups (480ml) whole milk
1/2 cup (120ml) heavy whipping cream
1/3 cup (65g) short grain white rice (I used arborio)
Pinch of salt
1. Whisk together the egg, 설탕, vanilla and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Add the milk, 크림, rice and salt to a medium-sized saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
3. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and simmer until the rice is tender, 약 20-25 의사록. Stir frequently to keep the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
4. Slowly add about half a cup of the hot rice mixture to the egg mixture, whisking quickly, to temper the egg mixture.
5. Add the egg mixture to the saucepan with the remaining rice mixture. Stir everything together and continue heating on low heat for about another 5-10 의사록, or until thickened. Don’t boil. It will thicken quickly. Keep in mind that the mixture will continue to thicken as it cools, so you don’t want it to be too thick before you take it off the heat. A touch soupy still is ok.
6. Remove from heat and serve warm.