Democrats and Republicans on Wednesday forged what appeared to be a compromise on the debt ceiling.
上院多数党首チャックシューマー, D-N.Y。, teed up a vote to break a filibuster on a bill that would suspend the debt ceiling through December of 2022.
There were warnings of what might happen if the federal government crashed into the debt ceiling. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen warned that the government wouldn’t have enough money to pay health care benefits to Americans because the U.S. couldn’t borrow to make up the difference.
Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., sidestepped a question this week when asked if he had heard from any major bankers or Wall Street titans about the GOP sitting out the debt ceiling fight. It was thought that the investment community would hammer Washington if lawmakers bumbled into a debt ceiling crisis.
Worry started to permeate Washington that rating agencies could downgrade the creditworthiness of the U.S. before Oct. 18 – the deadline when Treasury says the U.S. will run out of cash.
そう, now everyone blinked on the debt ceiling. Democrats will apparently take McConnell’s offer to suspend the debt ceiling for the time being. トップストーリーの詳細については、ここをクリックしてください.
– Senate Democrats indicate they’ll accept GOP debt ceiling offer: ‘McConnell caved’
– ホワイトハウス warns failing to raise debt limit will threaten US national security, 軍の家族
– ライブアップデート: 民主党, Republicans near compromise on debt ceiling
– マンチン スタンド firm on filibuster, Dem plans for debt ceiling hike thwarted
– サキ 回避する ruling out McConnell proposal for short-term debt ceiling extension
– ハニティ calls on Mitch McConnell to ‘stop being a swamp creature’
Texas ‘fetal heartbeat’ abortion law blocked by district court judge
A district court judge issued a temporary restraining order Wednesday blocking the Texas S.B. 8 abortion law, finding in favor of the U.S. 司法省, which had sought the order to block the law from taking effect.
“A person’s right under the Constitution to choose to obtain an abortion prior to fetal viability is well established. Fully aware that depriving its citizens of this right by direct state action would be flagrantly unconstitutional, the State contrived an unprecedented and transparent statutory scheme to do just that,” 我ら. District Judge Robert Pittman, of the Western District of Texas, Austin Division, wrote in a 113-page ruling.
テキサス州法, signed by Republican Gov. Greg Abbott in May, prohibits abortions once medical professionals can detect cardiac activity, usually around six weeks and before many women know they’re pregnant. Rather than having the state enforce the ban, the law creates a private right of action against individuals who commit or aid and abet an abortion that violates the law – but not against the woman who undergoes the procedure.
The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals had rejected requests for a stay when abortion providers sought to prevent the law from going into effect until the resolution of a court dispute. The plaintiffs appealed to the Supreme Court, but the Supreme Court allowed the law to take effect. The Department of Justice under President Biden then filed a motion to block the law, and Pittman ruled on that motion. 詳細はこちらをクリックしてください.
– WaPo fact-checker dings Jayapal for claiming ‘majority’ of US supports federal funding for abortions
– バイデン 逆に Trump ban on federal funds for abortion-referring clinics
– ‘Roe baby’ Shelley Lynn Thornton 言う she’s not going to let either side use her in abortion debate
– Progressive pro-life group 打ち上げ, says ‘abortion-industrial complex’ puts profits over people
ブライアンランドリーマンハント: 逃亡者の父親がカールトン保護区での捜索に参加, 弁護士は言う
Florida fugitive Brian Laundrie’s attorney said Wednesday that father Christopher Laundrie would begin assisting authorities in the search for his son – who was last seen Sept. 13, just days after his fiancée Gabby Petito officially became a missing person.
The FBI later found Petito’s remains at a remote Wyoming campsite on Sept. 19.
“クリス・ランドリーは、今日の保護区でブライアンを捜索する際に法執行機関を支援するよう依頼されました,” スティーブベルトリーノ, the family’s attorney, told Fox News on Wednesday night. “Since the preserve has been closed to the public, Chris has not been able to look for Brian in the only place Chris and Roberta believe Brian may be.”
He added that North Port, フロリダ, 警察 “had to postpone” the elder’s Laundrie’s participation and that he did not take part in the search Wednesday, which saw an increased police presence after resources appeared to have been drawn down over the weekend.
“Chris and Roberta are hopeful there will be another opportunity to assist,” 彼が追加した, referring to both of Brian Laundrie’s parents.
Josh Taylor, the North Port Police Department’s chief spokesman, told Fox News that his department did not ask for Chris Laundrie’s involvement – nor did police “延期” それ. 詳細はこちらをクリックしてください.
– Hiker who 言う he spotted Brian Laundrie offers insight into FBI probe
– Gabby Petito’s YouTube video 投稿 while Brian Laundrie left her in Utah
– Brian Laundrie’s survival skills です ‘mediocre,’ sister Cassie says
– 博士. フィル かかります cops to task during interview with Gabby’s family
– Former WH adviser 言った Trump to fire doctor from get-go and the unleashing doesn’t stop there
– 「分隊’ Dem 捕まった on camera admitting COVID mask-wearing is just for show
– CNN anchor 明らかに ‘G-rated’ date with Monica Lewinsky decades ago
– Pregnant Georgia nurse デッド after ‘targeted’ drive-by shooting, 警察は言う
– ドジャース’ Chris Taylor ヒット walk-off home run in dramatic NL wild-card victory
THE LATEST FROM FOX BUSINESS:
– Whistleblower with explosive testimony just put Facebook on notice with 3 words
– Supermarket giant slices in-store butcher service in favor of packages
– Stats reveal disturbing trend taking off on airplanes across America
– Why two countries 停止 using Moderna vaccines for younger age groups
– Record backlog of container ships ヒッティング アメリカ
SOME PARTING WORDS
Former U.S. 国務長官 マイクポンペオ appeared Wednesday night on Fox News’ “イングラハムアングル,” where he spoke about Peter Daszak, the scientist with the nonprofit EcoHealth Alliance who’s been facing pressure because of his ties to a Chinese laboratory in Wuhan that is suspected by some to have links to the origins of the coronavirus.
“Peter Daszak was involved in the funding from EcoHealth Alliance. … That was the group that was connected to the work inside the Wuhan Institute of Virology related to gain-of-function on the very kinds of viruses that we saw escape from that lab with near certainty,” Pompeo said.
“Peter Daszak’s got a lot of questions to explain on how this happened, why American taxpayer dollars were going for this and ultimately the Chinese Communist Party needs to be held accountable for what they did to the world.”
Not signed up yet for Fox News First? Click here to find out what you’re missing.
フォックス・ニュース' Go Watch page is now available, providing visitors with Pay TV provider options in their area carrying Fox News Channel & Fox Business Network.
Fox News First was compiled by Fox News’ Jack Durschlag. Thank you for making us your first choice in the morning! Have a great weekend, stay safe and we’ll see you in your inbox first thing Friday.