“Es surrealista escuchar a los senadores en funciones invocar a Jan. 6 para justificar romper las reglas para obtener resultados que no han obtenido,” dijo McConnell, R-Ky. “It is jaw-dropping for colleagues to propose to commemorate that by breaking the Senate themselves.”
McConnell’s condemnation came one day after he accused Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., of trying “to break the Senate” by gutting the filibuster.
In a Monday letter to his Democratic colleagues, Schumer said the upper chamber would debate rule changes in an attempt to carve a path for voting reform legislation.
Schumer said the move was necessary to circumvent situations like the Jan. 6 attack that could jeopardize the legitimacy of the current democratic process.
“We must adapt,” el escribio. “The Senate was designed to evolve and has evolved many times in our history.” HAGA CLIC AQUÍ PARA OBTENER MÁS INFORMACIÓN SOBRE NUESTRA PRINCIPAL HISTORIA.
En otros desarrollos:
– Mark Meadows: Demócratas using Jan. 6 to implement socialist takeover of Washington
– Tucker Carlson: Democrats fixation on Jan. 6 reveals their midterm strategy
– Two questions from the Jan. 6 Disturbios en el capitolio
– Reps. Troy Nehls reflects on protecting House chamber el ene. 6 with makeshift weapon: ‘I refused to leave’
– ene. 6 anniversary speech: Biden to call out Trump’s ‘responsibility’
California extends mask mandate through Feb. 15 amid surge in COVID-19, omicron cases
California has extended its indoor mask mandate through Feb. 15 amid a surge in cases of COVID-19 and its omicron variant.
State Health and Human Services Secretary Dr. Mark Ghaly announced the extension Wednesday. The move came just days after a report suggested cloth masks were ineffective against the omicron variant.
The original mask mandate took effect Dec. 15 and was slated to expire Jan. 15. It requires the wearing of masks in all indoor spaces regardless of vaccination status.
El martes, Los Angeles County reported more than 21,000 new COVID-19 cases. El condado informó 45,000 new cases after New Year’s weekend. HAGA CLIC AQUÍ PARA MÁS.
En otros desarrollos:
– Reps. Eric Swalwell the latest blue-state Democrat spotted maskless in mandate-free Florida
– Escuelas Públicas de Chicago cancel classes for second straight day amid fight with teachers union
– Lightfoot mulls legal action against teachers amid COVID row
– Chicago teacher battling cancer refuses to stop in-person classes: ‘I want my life to be relevant right now’
– aumento en las renuncias voluntarias en general y suspends criminal trials for two weeks following delta, omicron spikes
– NFL drawing up Super Bowl contingency plans in case COVID forces move from Los Angeles area
Ghislaine Maxwell lawyers seek new trial after juror claims he was sex-abuse victim
Ghislaine Maxwell’s lawyers are seeking a new trial after one of the jurors who convicted the British socialite told news outlets he was a sex abuse victim
The new revelations “present incontrovertible grounds for a new trial,” Maxwell attorney Christian Everdell wrote in a filing, half of which was redacted. “According to the juror, his disclosure influenced the deliberations and convinced other members of the jury to convict Ms. Maxwell.”
In a subsequent document, another member of Maxwell’s legal team, Jeffrey Pagliuca, wrote that “the Court can and should order a new trial” and that they were currently drafting a motion to support their position.
NOSOTROS. District Judge Alison Nathan set a schedule for both sides to file papers on the matter. HAGA CLIC AQUÍ PARA MÁS.
En otros desarrollos:
– Ghislaine Maxwell’s courtroom sketcher : ‘I am basically the substitute camera‘
– Prince Andrew’s lawyer grilled by judge on whether secret Epstein settlement bars sex abuse suit
– Príncipe Andrés can’t document claim he suffered from an inability to sweat, his lawyers said
– New York judge dismisses case against Epstein jail guards who allegedly slept through his suicide
LECTURAS DE HOY:
– 1619 Project author Nikole Hannah-Jones falsely claimed Civil War began in 1865
– Brian Laundrie notebook not linked to parents’ petition to access his estate, Bertolino says
– Boston Marathon bomber ordered to return $ 1,400 coronavirus relief payment to victims for restitution
– Falta armonía Montgomery: Dad accused of giving partially blind daughter black eye in 2019, otro abuso
– Florida man charged with attempted murder after allegedly strangling woman at bus stop
LO MÁS RECIENTE DE FOX BUSINESS:
– WarnerMedia and ViacomCBS are exploring possible sale of CW Network
– TikTok couple goes viral after finding a clever way to survive I-95 traffic jam
– To-Go drinks making a comeback en Nueva York
– Mike Rowe issues grim warning after record number quit their jobs
– alimentado hints at faster rate hike for first time in years — but there’s one big condition
ALGUNAS PALABRAS DE PARTIDA
“By 2020,” ella dijo, “the party could not resist throwing in with its most radical elements. They work with the press and corrupt forces inside our own government to hound Trump with relentless and baseless investigations. Y, por supuesto, leveling all these ridiculous accusations. The left salivated at the prospect of impeachment and conviction. They were committed to winning by any means necessary.
“They’re now stuck with these crazy, hard-left policies and toxic people issuing unrealistic demands.”
Aún no se ha registrado en Fox News First? Click here para descubrir lo que te estás perdiendo.
Fox News' Ir a la página de visualización Ya está disponible, providing visitors with Pay TV provider options in their area carrying Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network.
This edition of Fox News First was compiled by Fox News’ Jack Durschlag. Gracias por hacernos su primera opción por la mañana.! Te veremos en tu bandeja de entrada el viernes a primera hora.