During an interview with conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt, Fauci said it’s important to keep an “open mind” about masking after the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommended that unvaccinated children ages 2 and older wear masks and that students wear masks in all K-12 schools, 无论疫苗接种情况如何, in light of the rapid spread of the COVID-19 delta variant.
“It’s not comfortable, 明显, for children to wear masks, particularly the younger children,” 他说. “But you know, what we’re starting to see, Hugh, and I think it’s going to unfold even more as the weeks go by, that this virus not only is so extraordinarily transmissible, but we’re starting to see pediatric hospitals get more and more younger people and kids not only numerically, but what seems to be more severe disease.
“Now we’re tracking that, the CDC is tracking that really very carefully, so it’s going to be a balance that we would feel very badly if we all of a sudden said OK, 孩子们, don’t wear masks, then you find out retrospectively that this virus in a very, very strange and unusual way is really hitting kids really hard,” 他继续. “But hopefully, this will be a temporary thing, temporary enough that it doesn’t have any lasting negative impact on them.”
Hewitt pushed back, citing an editorial Sunday by The Wall Street Journal, 标题, “The Case Against Masks for Children,” which argues that long-term masking can cause physical and developmental issues in children and that there’s little evidence to back up a mandate.
“Facial expressions are integral to human connection, particularly for younger children who are only learning how to signal fear, confusion and happiness,” Hewitt said. “Covering a child’s face mutes these nonverbal forms of communication, can result in robotic and emotionless interaction. 所以, 医生, what did you base it on? 为什么?”
Fauci responded by claiming the data cited in the editorial “dates back to the alpha variant, not necessarily all the most recent data on delta.” 单击此处了解我们的更多故事.
– 汉尼提 命中 hypocrisy of Obama birthday bash: Delta variant ‘be damned’
– 塔克·卡尔森: 您 can be sophisticated or a superspreader
– Fauci berates mass outdoor gathering in South Dakota, but gives Obama’s birthday bash a pass
– 福西: Allowing virus to replicate could make ‘worse variant’ that ‘could impact the vaccinated’
– 维克多·戴维斯·汉森: COVID vaccinations – Team Biden should look in the mirror before pointing fingers
A Chicago man and his brother have been charged in a weekend shooting that left one police officer dead and another seriously wounded, the Chicago Police Department confirmed Monday.
埃蒙特摩根, 21, is charged with first-degree murder in Saturday’s fatal shooting of 29-year-old officer Ella French, 以及谋杀未遂和其他指控.
他的兄弟, 22-一岁的埃里克·摩根, faces charges of aggravated unlawful use of a weapon, unlawful use of a weapon by a felon and obstruction of justice.
Officers had stopped a vehicle Saturday with two men and a woman inside just after 9 下午, when a male passenger opened fire, police said Sunday. Officers reportedly returned fire, striking the passenger who appeared to fire at them.
Earlier Monday, federal prosecutors charged a 29-year-old Indiana man, Jamel Danzy, with purchasing and then illegally supplying the semi-automatic handgun used in the shooting. 点击这里了解更多.
– 警察 send powerful message to Dem mayor after officer’s murder
– 芝加哥市议员 揭示了 the ‘issue’ behind city’s surging crime
– Chicago police 确定 ‘hero’ officer killed during traffic stop: ‘We will #NeverForget’
– Brother of slain Chicago police officer speaks out after deadly shooting: ‘上帝带错了孩子’
Florida’s health department says CDC’s COVID count for state is wrong, ‘anticipates’ correction
The Florida Department of Health took to Twitter on Monday to ask the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention to update its COVID-19 case tracker for the state because it incorrectly combined “MULTIPLE days into one,” which made the Sunday daily case count explode to the state’s worst ever.
The department said it follows the CDC’s guidelines for reporting cases. The CDC reported 28,317 new cases on Sunday, which WSVN reported would mark the most confirmed infections in one day in the state since the beginning of the pandemic. Multiple media organizations picked up on the number and the department corrected the stories online with some bite.
“Wrong again. The number of cases @CDCgov released for Florida today is incorrect,” it responded to a report in the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. “They combined MULTIPLE days into one. We anticipate CDC will correct the record.”
The health department said there were 15,319 cases on Sunday, and a three-day average of 18,795. The CDC did not immediately respond to an after-hours email from Fox News about the issue. 点击这里了解更多.
– 有线电视新闻网 proposes travel bans on states like Florida, Louisiana for rising COVID cases
– 代表. 拜伦·唐纳德 爆炸 Democrats institutionalizing vaccine ‘segregation’: ‘That’s their history’
– CNN’s Jim Acosta 撕开 for renaming Delta variant the ‘DeSantis variant’: ‘Performance art’
– Cassidy disagrees with DeSantis on school mask mandate ban
– 罗伯特·德斯特 问 if he killed best friend during dramatic testimony
– Georgia shooting: 9-岁 被杀 in drive-by while sleeping in bed, mom in next room
– Tennessee police: Suspect in custody after gunfire 已报告 at Walmart; 3 people injured
– CNN media pundit Stelter under fire over what he considers Cuomo ‘punishment’
– Where Americans are now being told not to travel to over COVID surge
– Cruz speech on cryptocurrency 去 病毒式的, accuses senators of ‘ignorance’ on issue
– Tyson Foods grappling with ‘unprecedented inflation’
– 德姆斯 could use $ 107B in tax money toward funding illegal immigrants
– American Airlines takes different approach to employee vaccination
– Will gyms go the way of arcades and movie rental stores?
拉里·埃尔德（Larry Elder）, the California GOP gubernatorial candidate seeking to replace Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom in a Sept. 14 罢免选举, joined Greg Gutfeld to discuss the race, education and homelessness.
“The legislatures are dominated by super majorities in the Assembly and the Senate,” 长老说, “but the governor has a lot of power – even dealing with a hostile legislature – including the power to declare a statewide emergency. I have a line-item veto, I have the ability to appoint the commissioners and people to the public utility commission. I also have that big thing known as the ‘Bully pulpit,” so I have a lot of things I can do.”
“It’s not hopeless,” 他加了. “We’re talking about crime, we’re talking about the rising cost of living, we’re talking about the outrageous homelessness.”
尚未注册Fox News First? 请点击 这里 找出你所缺少的.
福克斯新闻' 转到观看页面 现在可用, 在带有Fox新闻频道的区域为访问者提供付费电视提供商选择 & 福克斯商务网.
Fox News First由Fox News编写’ 杰克·杜斯拉格. 谢谢您使我们成为您早晨的首选! We’ll see you in your inbox first thing Wednesday.