Unprecedented winter storms have blanketed Texas, causando temperature rigide e diffuse interruzioni di corrente in gran parte dello stato.
- Il Salvation Army provides shelter, cibo, and other necessary items to those in need throughout Texas.
- Il American Red Cross is supporting at least 35 warming centers with cots and blankets across the state.
- In Austin, the area Urban League has started the #LoveThyNeighborTX campaign to raise money for hotel rooms, cibo, acqua, capi di abbigliamento, and other basic needs of the housing insecure communities.
- Local small business Free Lunch is making deliveries of home-cooked meals, blankets, hand warmers, and hygiene kits to the Esperanza Community residents, a state-sanctioned shelter/campsite in the city.
- Il Other Ones Foundation is also providing resiliency kits for residents of the campsite. The kits include basic needs for those experiencing homelessness.
- Dallas-area organizations Austin Street Center, OurCalling, The Stewpot, Union Gospel Mission, e Oak Lawn United Methodist Church are pooling funds to help pay for temporary shelter as well as Covid-19 rapid tests for those in need.
- Caritas of Austin also helps those experiencing housing insecurity in the Austin area. You can support their work by making a monetary donation or ordering items from their Amazon wish list to be shipped directly to the center.
- Austin Pets Alive! is working to keep pets across Texas warm and safe during the freezing conditions. The group needs heating pads, Styrofoam coolers, dog beds, heat lamps, and monetary donations.