The Panthers may have made the splashiest hire of the eight USFL teams.
Michigan announced it hired Jeff Fisher as its head coach. Fisher has 30 years of NFL coaching experience and served as head coach of the Tennessee Titans en die Los Angeles Rams. He guided the Titans to a Super Bowl appearance and lost.
Fisher’s last head coaching job in the NFL was with the Rams in 2016. He was replaced by Sean McVay. Fisher recently served as an adviser at Tennessee State, whose head coach is Eddie George. Fisher coached George with the Titans.
Visser, 63, was 173-165-1 as a head coach.
The Breakers announced they hired Larry Fedora as their head coach for the rebooted season.
Fedora, 59, was last an assistant for Baylor in 2020. He was the head coach at Southern Mississippi from 2008 aan 2011 and at North Carolina from 2012 aan 2018. Hy was 79-62 as a head coach.
The Fisher and Fedora announcements round out the coaching hires for the USFL’s eight teams.
A breakdown of USFL coaches:
- Birmingham Stallions: Skip Holtz
- Tampa Bay Bandits: Todd Haley
- New Orleans Breakers: Larry Fedora
- Pittsburgh Maulers: Kirby Wilson
- Houston Gamblers: Kevin Sumlin
- Philadelphia Stars: Bart Andrus
- New Jersey Generals: Mike Riley
- Michigan Panthers: Jeff Fisher
The season begins in April.