Jussie Smollett testimony: Actor says he received text from CNN's Don Lemon during police investigation

Jussie Smollett testifies to receiving text from CNN’s Don Lemon during Chicago Police attack investigation
Jussie Smollett said he had correspondence with CNN’s Don Lemon during the early parts of the Chicago Police Department’s (CPD) investigation into the alleged hate crime attack for which Smollett is currently on trial defending himself against allegations he faked the entire ordeal.

In his court testimony on Monday, Smollett, 39, said under oath that during the investigation, he received a text from the network’s Don Lemon — supposedly relaying information that the CPD didn’t believe his account of what happened, Fox News’ Matt Finn reported from the Windy City courthouse where prosecutors and Smollett’s defense team are at odds. 

Lemon told his viewers at the time that the story was “personal” since he and Smollett had been acquaintances and were in constant communication since the alleged incident and that Smollett told Lemon what he said had happened to him, which he admitted raised lots of questions.

He stressed that while Smollett is “innocent until proven guilty,” he still “squandered the goodwill of a whole lot of people” if his story wasn’t true.

Smollett is now in the hands of prosecutors who are questioning the actor on the supposed injuries he sustained in the attack.

Smollett is charged with six counts of felony disorderly conduct for making what prosecutors say was a false police report about the alleged attack — one count for each time he gave a report — to three different officers. CLICK HERE FOR MORE ON OUR TOP STORY

In other developments:
– Jussie Smollett wraps day of testimony claiming attack was ‘no hoax’
– Jussie Smollett should have pleaded ‘insanity‘ in Chicago court: Candace Owens
– Chris Cuomo, CNN ‘lawyering up‘ ahead of brewing $ 18 million legal battle over firing: reports
– Joe Rogan torches CNN amid Chris Cuomo scandal: ‘F—ing propagandists’ whose ‘ratings are dogs—‘
– CNN’s Brian Stelter whitewashes scope of Chris Cuomo scandal on media show, avoids mentioning first accuser

Former Crumbley neighbor called Children’s Protective Services on parents years ago: report
Law enforcement and prosecutors have noted the many warnings signs that preceded the massacre at Oxford High School last week, including that 15-year-old Ethan Crumbley was caught googling ammunition the day before the tragedy and was found with a picture depicting a violent act that said, “The thoughts won’t stop. Help me.”

But a former neighbor of James and Jennifer Crumbley, who are currently in the Oakland County jail with their son, told the Detroit Free Press that the Crumbleys started displaying concerning behavior years ago that prompted her to make a complaint with Children’s Protective Services. 

“When they were gone, he would come knock on our door,” Kayla LeMieux told the newspaper of Ethan when his parents would leave him at home alone to go drinking at bars in 2014 and 2015. “They didn’t leave him with a phone.”

LeMieux said that the parents continued leaving their son at home alone even after she made a complaint and confronted them about it. 

“It was really when I finally started to say more, because I was just like, even after calling CPS, they were still doing it and even me saying something to them, they were still like ‘Oh he is fine,'” she told the Detroit Free Press. 

James and Jennifer Crumbley were arrested in the early hours of Saturday morning and charged with four counts of involuntary manslaughter. CLICK HERE TO READ MORE

In other developments:
– Oxford School officials could be charged in deadly Michigan shooting: prosecutor
– Crumbley search: Michigan detectives to interview man said to be named ‘person of interest’
– Colorado Walmart shoplifting suspect allegedly deployed bear spray, 5 people treated
– Portland police tell residents 911 response times may be delayed due to staffing shortage, critical incidents
– Los Angeles’ DA Gascon still silent on crime wave, prosecutor says

New travel restrictions take effect, requiring COVID testing for vaccinated travelers entering US
President Biden’s latest COVID-19 rule goes into effect Monday, requiring all international travelers, including Americans, to test negative for COVID-19 the day before their departure to the United States – whether or not they are vaccinated. 

The White House announced Thursday that the U.S. will “tighten pre-departure testing protocols by requiring all inbound international travelers to test within one day of departure globally, regardless of nationality or vaccination status.” A senior administration official confirmed to Fox News Friday that the restriction will go into effect Monday. 

“This tighter testing timeline provides an added degree of public health protection as scientists continue to assess the Omicron variant.,” the White House added. 

Comments are closed.