LIVE UPDATES: Florida rescuers continue search in rubble of collapsed condo building; 4 victims identified

Miami-Dade Mayor Daniella Levine Cava announced the heightened toll at an evening news briefing, saying the identification of three bodies had dropped the number of unaccounted for down to 156. She said crews also discovered other unspecified human remains.

The Miami-Dade Police Department said later Saturday that four of the five deceased people had been identified, along with the apartments where they were at the moment of the collapse. One of them was the mother of a boy who was rescued the morning the building toppled, another couple in their late 70s and early 80s and a 54-year-old man.

They were identified as Stacie Dawn Fang, 54; Antonio Lozano, 83; Gladys Lozano, 79; and Manuel LaFont, 54.

Cava said the rescuers’ priority continued to be “saving as many lives as we can,” heading into the third full day since the collapse early Thursday. 

Follow below for updates on the rescue operation. Mobile users click here. 

The Associated Press contributed to this report.