“I would say that we’re in dire straits,” said River City Fraternal Order of Police press secretary Dave Mutchler, speaking to the current condition of LMPD staffing. Mutchler also serves as a spokesperson for the Louisville Metro Officer Union.
Statistics provided by LMPD on Tuesday show the department has hired 26 new members so far this year, 而 43 离开了. The 1,069-person department falls 255 people short of its “authorized strength” 的 1,324 — the number of personnel it is authorized to employ, 统计显示.
与此同时, LMPD hired 104 new members in 2020 but lost 188 to retirement or resignations, 根据数据. By the end of last year, LMPD employed 1,163 police personnel, instead of its 1,324-person “authorized strength.”
从 2013 至 2019, the difference in actual employment numbers and “authorized strength” has ranged from 45 至 101. 在 2020, it climbed to 161 before reaching 255 year-to-date in 2021, 统计显示.
“Our manpower is critically low,” Mutchler told Fox News. “One thing we have to consider when we’re talking about recruiting is that in the climate that we currently find ourselves, the pool of people wanting to become officers is shrinking every day.” 单击此处了解我们的更多故事.
– Spike in police departures due to cops 存在 ‘vilified,’ called racists: NYPD veteran
– LA police officer who 已发布 letter to LeBron James reveals why he did it
– LAPD officials 大满贯 Oscars celebs for anti-law enforcement rhetoric during police-guarded event
– 格雷格·古菲尔德: 媒体 忽略 good policing while highlighting the bad
Biden’s lack of ‘designated survivor’ at Congressional address means Yellen could become POTUS in disaster
Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen would become president of the United States in the case of a hypothetical Capitol disaster since President Biden has not named a “designated survivor” for his Wednesday address to Congress.
A designated survivor is the person in the presidential line of succession chosen not to attend an event in the case of a mass casualty event that kills all other potential successors; designated survivors typically stay in an undisclosed location during important events.
“There does not need to be a designated survivor because the Cabinet will be watching from their offices or their homes,” White House press secretary Jen Psaki said during a Tuesday briefing when asked whether the president would have a designated survivor during Wednesday’s speech in light of COVID-19 audience restrictions keeping some Cabinet members home.
The White House clarified to Fox News that because of the White House’s decision, Yellen would take over as president in the case of a catastrophe unless Democratic Vermont Sen. 帕特里克·莱希, Senate president pro-tempore, decides not to attend the event in person, in which case he would fall next in the line of succession. 点击这里了解更多.
– These lawmakers 说 they won’t attend Biden’s address to Congress
– Biden address to Congress to continue tradition of adapting to the times
– 白色的房子 拒绝 to allow more reporters to cover outdoor Biden speech on relaxed CDC guidance
– Why Biden’s address to Congress 是 not a State of the Union speech
我们. Navy fires warning shots on three Iranian fast boats that got too close
美国. Navy fired warning shots on three Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps Navy (IRGCN) patrol boats in the north Persian Gulf Tuesday, after verbal warnings by U.S. forces were first ignored.
Fast inshore attack craft (FIAC) were used to approach the USS Firebolt and U.S. Coast Guard patrol boat USCGC Baranoff, at what Naval officials called “an unnecessarily close range with unknown intent.”
After warnings by the U.S. vessels through radio and loud-hailer devices went ignored by the Iranian patrol boats, the USS Firebolt warning shots – prompting the vessels to retreat.
A Navy official said U.S. forces used “pre-planned responses” to de-escalate the situation, avoid collision and reduce risk of miscalculation. 点击这里了解更多.
– Iranian warships menace US vessels in the Persian Gulf in latest provocation
– Iran’s long history of terror and aggression
– 美国广播公司, 哥伦比亚广播公司, 全国广播公司, MSNBC all 跳跃 John Kerry controversy over alleged leaking of Israeli intel to Iran
– 庞培 大满贯 Iran news: ‘When I was briefing Trump, Kerry was briefing Zarif’
– 拜登 cuts off press questions: ‘I’m really gonna be in trouble’ if I keep answering
– NYC drunk driver suspect sobs and apologizes for death of NYPD officer: ‘I’m sorry
– NJ ‘Torso Killer’ 恳求 guilty to cold case murders of 2 girls in 1974
– GOP reps warn against Biden administration’s ‘dangerous’ and ‘divisive’ critical race theory push
– Fed likely to stay the course despite US economy’s growing momentum
– Ex-New York power market CEO 命名 interim ERCOT CEO
– Samsung’s Lee family to pay 多于 $ 10B inheritance taxes
– Hawaii tourists 转弯 to U-Haul amid car rental shortage
#闪回: 点击这里 找出发生了什么事 “历史上的这一天。”
肖恩·汉尼蒂 examined the controversy surrounding Biden climate czar John Kerry on “汉尼提” Tuesday and allegations disclosed in the New York Times the former secretary of state divulged Israel’s covert operations in Syria to Iran.
“According to one of Iran’s top diplomats, a guy by the name of Mohammad Javad Zarif, claims that John Kerry compromised one of our top allies – and potentially us in the process – by divulging top secret, sensitive information,” Hannity reported.
“Did John Kerry reveal Israeli covert actions to Israel and the U.S.’s single biggest enemy – the number one sponsor of state terrorism worldwide?” 他加了. “好, that would mean all plausible deniability for covert operations would be dead, gone and buried, covert operations and assets on the ground risking their lives – they would be in imminent danger, they’d likely be murdered – something we wouldn’t know and Kerry is saying this didn’t happen. The Times is standing by its story.”
尚未注册Fox News First? 请点击 这里 找出你所缺少的.
福克斯新闻' 转到观看页面 现在可用, 在带有Fox新闻频道的区域为访问者提供付费电视提供商选择 & 福克斯商务网.
Fox News First由Fox News编写’ 杰克·杜斯拉格. 谢谢您使我们成为您早晨的首选! 我们会看到你在收件箱中的第一件事周四.