“Maklik, deelbare vingerhappies is die beste manier vir 'n tuis-partytjie-kykdag,” Landry vertel FOX News. “Gemaak met varkhaas, spek, roomkaas, en kruie, delicious pork poppers are a real crowd-pleaser and perfect snack! Passop, these go fast.”
Prep time: 15-20 minute
Cook time: 15 minute
1 ½ lbs. pork tenderloin
¼ cup Creole seasoning
3 pickled jalapeños, sliced thin
10 strips thick-cut, smoked bacon
4 ounces cream cheese
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, gekap
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, gekap
6 ounces cane syrup
6 ounces sherry or balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Rub the pork tenderloin with Creole seasoning. Sear the tenderloin in a minimal amount of oil in a cast iron skillet just until a crust forms. Place the tenderloin in the refrigerator, then cut into ¼” by 2″ stroke.
- Wrap each piece of pork tenderloin around a slice of pickled jalapeño, then wrap a piece of bacon around the pork. Skewer the poppers with a bamboo skewer.
- Allow the cream cheese to soften at room temperature. Once soft, mix in the herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cane syrup and vinegar to a small sauce pot and heat over a medium flame until the syrup-vinegar mixture is reduced by half.
- Grill the skewers of poppers until the bacon is crispy and slightly charred.
Smear some cream cheese in a line on a plate. Remove the poppers from the skewer and place on top of the cream cheese. Drizzle the cane syrup and vinegar mix over the poppers and enjoy.