近的房子 10,000 平方英尺 迪克森, 马里兰州, 巴尔的摩以西一小时车程, 原为 engulfed in flames
在十一月 23 when the homeowner tried to smoke out a snake infestation on the property
, Pete Piringer
, chief spokesperson for the Montgomery County Fire
& Rescue Service
Piringer told CNN that the owner was at home a few hours before, but luckily no one was there at the start of the fire. A neighbor passing by saw the smoke and called 911.
大约 10 下午, 75 firefighters showed up at the scene to battle the blaze.
“There were no fire hydrants in the area,” Piringer said. “Which isn’t a problem because we’re used to it, but we had to shuttle in water tankers.”
It took a few hours for firefighters to get the fire under control, but it wasn’t completely out until the next morning.
The damages will cost more than $ 1 百万, Piringer said. The house was recently purchased for $ 1.8 百万, according to public records.
The fire department deemed the incident an accident as there was no evidence, or intention, of starting the fire.
Piringer recommends using other ways to battle an infestation.
“There are animal services that can come out and make recommendations, or pest control, or an exterminator,” Piringer said. “We recommend you have professionals deal with any pest control issue to help maintain the situation.”
Being that there was no one home at the time, there were no injuries reported.
The status of the snakes is unknown, but as the home was left in rubble, it’s assumed they no longer live there.