Goeie more en welkom by Fox News First. Dit is wat u moet weet as u u dag begin …
Mitch McConnell says Senate will start ‘the process’ of considering $ 2,000 checks.
Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Tuesday that the Senate will address President Trump’s push to increase stimulus checks sent to Americans, but made no assurances.
Democrats have called on the Senate to pass legislation raising the stimulus amount from $ 600 aan $ 2,000 because so many Americans are struggling financially due to the coronavirus outbreak.
Some Republicans are worried, egter, that McConnell’s decision to block to quick vote could affect the Georgia runoffs on Jan. 5 that will determine what party controls the Senate.
Trump took to Twitter and warned Republicans that they should support the increased checks unless they have a political “death wish. McConnell acknowledged that Trump “would like further direct financial support for American households.”
He also mentioned that Trump wants Congress to address Section 230 van die Wet op Kommunikasie-ordentlikheid, which provides protection for companies that host third-party content on their platforms — like Facebook and Twitter — and that Trump wants Congress to look into election security.
“Those are the three important subjects the president has linked together,” McConnell gesê. “This week the Senate will begin a process to bring these three priorities into focus.” KLIK HIER VIR MEER OOR ONS TOPVERHAAL
Nashville bomber’s girlfriend warned authorities about him in 2019: verslag doen
Police visited the home of Nashville bomber Anthony Quinn Warner in 2019 after his girlfriend told authorities he was making bombs inside his recreational vehicle, volgens 'n verslag.
Documents obtained by The Tennessean newspaper of Nashville appeared to contradict a claim this week by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation that Warner was “not on our radar” prior to a massive Kersfees morning explosion of an RV outside an AT&T building in the downtown area of the state’s capital city.
In ander ontwikkelings:
– Bomber feared 5G conspiracies, gejag vreemdelinge, geglo in 'akkedis mense': verslag doen
– Nashville bomber allegedly talked about hating cops decades before attack: verslag doen
– Nashville bomber said world would never forget him
Trump-veldtog vra die Hooggeregshof om die saak van kiesersbedrog in Wisconsin te hersien
President Trump s’n legal team petitioned the U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday to consider its challenge of an earlier decision by the Wisconsin Hooggeregshof om sy eise van onreëlmatighede in die gebruik van afwesige stembriewe tydens die 2020 presidensiële veldtog.
Trump 2020 Campaign attorney Rudy Giuliani filed the petition for a Writ of Certiorari weeks after the Wisconsin Supreme Court voted 4-3 om 'n Trump-veldtoggeding van die hand te sit wat die verkiesingsuitslae van die staat wou omkeer.
Die president se regspan het die Hooggeregshof gevra vir 'n vinnige hersiening van die aangeleentheid voordat die Kongres vergader om die uitslag van die verkiesingskollege oor Jan te bevestig.. 6. KLIK HIER VIR MEER
In ander ontwikkelings:
– No fraud found in Cobb County after signature oudit
– Freshmen join Mo Brooks in election challenge
– Gohmert’s Pence regsgeding seeks to declare Electoral Counting Act unconstitutional
– Luke Letlow, 41-year-old congressman-elect, dies with COVID-19
– Joe Clark, no-nonsense NJ school principal who inspired movie ‘Lean On Me,’ dood by 82
– Nikki Haley says Americans should fear ‘woke left’ under Biden
– Anthony Hopkins opens up about his 45 jare of sobriety
– Koby Francis, suspect in shooting of Pennsylvania police officer, is apprehended
– Doors drummer John Densmore says he owes his career to crooked teeth
DIE NUUTSTE VAN FOX BUSINESS
– Amazon stroom of NFL’s 49ers-Cardinals game drew 11.2M viewers: verslae
– Record-breaking fundraising in Georgia’s Senate ras
– Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs hands out $ 50 bills as coronavirus relief
– See the top Google searches in 2020
– Elon Musk flies to Hawaii to meet with another tech billionaire
#Die terugflits: KLIK HIER om uit te vind waarop daar gebeur het “Hierdie dag in die geskiedenis.”
Then the conversation turned to politics, with Arroyo noting that Gibson rarely weighs in on partisan issues or candidates. The actor said it is a deliberate choice of his not to take one side or the other in public.
“Who the hell cares what I think? I’m not an expert — what am I qualified to talk about?” Gibson remarked. “It’s alright. It allows you a sense of anonymity so that in your performance you can come out and just be anything. You’re not already carrying a lot of baggage. It’s partially intentional.”
Nog nie aangemeld vir Fox News First nie? Klik op hier om uit te vind wat jy mis.
Fox News se Gaan Kyk bladsy is nou beskikbaar, bied besoekers opsies vir betaaltelevisieverskaffers in hul omgewing met Fox News Channel & Fox Business Network.Fox News First was compiled by Fox News’ Edmund DeMarche.
Dankie dat u die oggend u eerste keuse gemaak het! We’ll see you in your inbox first thing Thursday.