Good morning and welcome to the final edition of Fox News First for 2020. Dit is wat u moet weet as u u dag begin …
Mitch McConnell accuses Pelosi, Schumer of political gamesmanship over stimulus checks
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell warned in a floor speech Wednesday that Democrats like House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer were “trying to pull a fast one” by attempting to “warp” President Trump’s effort to send $ 2,000 direkte betalings aan Amerikaners.
“First of all, they’re hoping that everyone just forgets about election integrity and Big Tech. They’re desperate to ignore those two parts of President Trump’s request,” McConnell gesê.
The Kentucky Republican said Democratic leaders sought to push through a package that would vastly increase the national debt and provide money to families that aren’t all in dire need of aid.
“Kyk, it’s no secret that Republicans have a diversity of views about the wisdom of borrowing hundreds of billions more to send out more non-targeted money, including to many households that have suffered no loss of income during the crisis,” McConnell gesê. “COVID-19 has not affected all households equally.” KLIK HIER VIR MEER OOR ONS TOPVERHAAL
Hawley blasts ‘hypocritical’ Democrats over election count objection
Sy. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., told Fox News’ “Die storie” on Wednesday that he intends to object to the electoral college certification next week because “74 million Americans have concerns about election integrity.”
Under current law, objections from at least one U.S. senator and one U.S. House member are required to force a debate over elector tallies in a state. Hawley became the first U.S. senator to announce his intention, joining Rep. Mo Brooks, R-Ala., of the House.
“This is the one opportunity I have as a United States senator,” Hawley said. ” … [H]ere [is] my one opportunity to stand up and say something, and that is exactly what I’m going to do.” KLIK HIER VIR MEER
In ander ontwikkelings:
– Trump returning to White House early, ahead of Mar-a-Lago New Year’s Eve party
– Trump asks Hooggeregshof to void Wisconsin election result
– Pence did not back lawmaker’s plan to overturn verkiesingsuitslae
Biden transition team disables Zoom chat for journalists, reporter says
Verkose president Joe Biden’s transition team disabled the chat function for reporters on Zoom conference calls, where journalists had been pressing officials to take more questions.
“The Biden transition team appears to have disabled the public chat function on its transition zoom calls, a place where I and others had been routinely complaining to them to take more questions,” incoming Politico White House editor Sam Stein tweeted Wednesday.
In ander ontwikkelings:
– Biden to issue uitvoerende bevel halting any Trump ‘midnight regulations’
– Republicans fear Biden will demolish Trump’s economic wins
– Biden dragging his feet on AG pick when compared to predecessors
– Wisconsin hospital worker ‘intentionally’ pulled vaccines from refrigeration
– Samuel Little, ex-boxer who knocked out victims then killed them, dood by 80
– Dr. Drew shares update, provides photos as he battles COVID-19
– China clamping down on research into origins of virus
– 'Gevaar!’ star Ken Jennings apologizes for ‘insensitive’ twiets — insluitend een oor Barron Trump
DIE NUUTSTE VAN FOX BUSINESS
– Oil, gold set to power 2021 boom in raw material
– Navy exceeds retention goals, will reduce ranks
– Walmart apologizes after twiet calling Hawley a sore loser
– Here’s when your second stimulus check will arrive
– Ticketmaster agrees to pay $ 10M fine to resolve fraud, hacking charges
#Die terugflits: KLIK HIER om uit te vind waarop daar gebeur het “Hierdie dag in die geskiedenis.”
Sanders said he is no fan of President Trump but “he’s right on this issue.”
Nog nie aangemeld vir Fox News First nie? Klik op hier om uit te vind wat jy mis.
Fox News se Gaan Kyk bladsy is nou beskikbaar, bied besoekers opsies vir betaaltelevisieverskaffers in hul omgewing met Fox News Channel & Fox Business Network. Fox News First is saamgestel deur Fox News’ Edmund DeMarche.
Dankie dat u die oggend u eerste keuse gemaak het! Happy New Year! Enjoy your holiday weekend and we’ll see you in your inbox first thing Monday.