Naomi Osaka withdraws from next month's Indian Wells tourney

The withdrawal was announced by the official Twitter feed for the hard-court tournament at Indian Wells, which is scheduled for Oct. 4-17 after twice being delayed during the coronavirus pandemic.

Osaka is a four-time Grand Slam champion who has been ranked No. 1 and is currently No. 8.

She last played at the U.S. 열다, where her title defense ended with a third-round loss to eventual runner-up Leylah Fernandez on Sept. 3.

더 많은 스포츠 범위를 보려면 여기를 클릭하십시오. .

After that defeat, Osaka said: “I honestly don’t know when I’m going to play my next tennis match.

오사카, a 23-year-old who was born in Japan and now is based in the U.S., took time off earlier this season, a mental health break that began when she withdrew from the French Open before her second-round match. She also sat out Wimbledon, then returned for the Tokyo Olympics, where she lit the cauldron during the opening ceremony.

I feel like for me, recently, when I win, I don’t feel happy, I feel more like a relief. And then when I lose, I feel very sad,” Osaka said at her news conference following the 5-7, 7-6 (2), 6-4 loss to Fernandez at Flushing Meadows. “I don’t think that’s normal.

댓글이 닫혀 있습니다..