Omicron 'variant of concern' has arrived in North America

2 cases of Omicron variant detected in Canada, il governo dice
At least two cases of the variante omicron of the coronavirus, first detected in Southern Africa last week, have been confirmed in Canada, provincial health officials said on Sunday.

The cases were reported in two people who recently traveled to Nigeria, the Ontario government said in a statement.

The detection of Omicron has triggered global alarm as governments around the world scramble to impose new viaggio restrizioni and markets sold off, fearing the variant could be resistant to vaccinations and upend a nascent economic reopening after a two-year global pandemic.

Di venerdì, Canada closed its borders to foreign travelers who have recently been to seven Southern African nations in the preceding two weeks to help stop the spread of the newly identified variant of COVID-19.

“Oggi, the province of Ontario has confirmed two cases of the Omicron variant of COVID-19 in Ottawa, both of which were reported in individuals with recent travel from Nigeria. Ottawa Public Health is conducting case and contact management and the patients are in isolation,” diceva la dichiarazione.

Il Organizzazione mondiale della sanità (CHI) said it is not yet clear whether Omicron is more transmissible than other variants, or if it causes more severe disease. CLICCA QUI PER MAGGIORI INFORMAZIONI SULLA NOSTRA STORIA PRINCIPALE.

In altri sviluppi
OmicronAGGIORNAMENTI IN DIRETTA
Omicron variant: Swiss voters dare green light to COVID restrictions as cases rise
Omicron variant: European country bans Christmas markets, public drinking in bid to combat COVID-19 wave
– CHI critica travel bans on southern African countries
– Good Morning America della ABC’ ospite worries omicron variant could hurt Biden’s economic ‘progress
– Rand Paul esplosioni Fauci: 'Sorprendente e allarmante’ per dichiarare "rappresento la scienza"’
NIH Dir. Collins: COVID vaccines willpiù probabilmenteprotect against omicron variant, but too soon to tell

Attacco alla parata di Waukesha: 7 children still recovering in hospital one week after deadly ambush
The city of Waukesha asked residents to light a blue light outside their homes and share a moment of silence at 4:39 p.m. CT on Sunday, exactly one week after the Natale parade attack that left at least six people dead and dozens more injured.

Businesses and city council members gave out blue lights to residents, who were asked to keep them illuminated outside of their homes through the holidays.

Mayor Shawn Reilly, who led the moment of silence with other city officials, ha detto a Fox News “blue is the color of unity.

The city of about 70,000 people held a candlelight vigil on Monday and set up a memorial for the victims in Veterans Park, just blocks away from where 39-year-old Darrell Brooks allegedly broke through barricades in a red SUV and plowed through a crowd at a Christmas parade.

Almeno 62 people were injured in total and seven children are still in the hospital, according to Children’s Wisconsin. Three of the hospitalized children are in serious condition, while three are in fair condition and one is in good condition.

One of those children, 11-year-old Jessalyn Torres, was hit so hard by the SUV she had marks from the vehicle’s grille across her chest.

She told them, 'Incollami di nuovo insieme,'” Ryan Kohnke, Jessalyn’s uncle and a Waukesha resident who attended the parade, ha detto a Fox News Digital. “For her to crack a joke and have that type of human moment was big. My sister and I both kind of chuckled. We thought that was funny.CLICK HERE TO READ MORE.

In altri sviluppi
Waukesha restaurant donates all of day’s sales to help parade victims, raises about $ 15,000
Arizona university students richiesta administration to ‘withdraw’ Kyle Rittenhouse: ‘killer off our campus
– Gowdy: ‘Six body bags later,’ country is waking up to the dangers of the Left’s bail reform initiative
– CNN roasted for tweet saying Waukesha parade attack was caused by ‘a carthat drove through parade
– La tragedia della parata di Waukesha: Child rilasciato from hospital Saturday, 8 rimanere

Bipartisan lawmakers urge SEC to review Unilever filings over Ben & Jerry’s Israel boycott
A bipartisan group of Casa lawmakers is urging the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to assess whether the parent company of Ben & Jerry’s should amend its regulatory filing to reflect potential risks to shareholders over the company’s Israel boycott.

Il gruppo, guidato da Rep. Ritchie Torres, D-N.Y., sent a letter Friday to SEC Chairman Gary Gensler asking him to take action to ensure Unilever, il ice cream company’s parent company, is in compliance with SEC rules.

In the interests of shareholders, consumers, and public policy, we believe it is appropriate for the SEC to take steps to ensure the full disclosure of all information necessary to make Unilever’s filings in compliance with the rules and regulations of the United States’ SEC,” la lettera affermava, Jewish Insider reported.

Unilever is a widely held company with a current market capitalization of $ 135 miliardi, which places in jeopardy the manifold United States institutions, pension funds, and endowments which hold its shares on behalf of its beneficiaries,” la lettera continuava, il New York Post segnalato. “We believe that these actions require the SEC to request that the regulatory filings of Unilever be amended to disclose the material risk factors.

Reps. Andrew Garbarino, R-N.Y., Josh Gottheimer, D-N.J., and Brian Fitzpatrick, R-Pa., joined Torres in signing the letter.

Ben and Jerry’s announced in July that it would no longer sell its products in disputed territories including the West Bank, which the company calledOccupied Palestinian Territory.The decision came amid an escalating conflict between Israel and Gaza, and Ben & Jerry’s said in a statement that selling products in those areas would beinconsistent with” Ben & Jerry's “values.CLICK HERE TO READ MORE.

In altri sviluppi:
Duke University pro-Israel group negato recognition by student government, admin overrules
Israel to close border, airports to non-citizen international travelers for 14 giorni due to omicron variant
– Ben & Jerry’s Israel boycott: Missouri conduce 12 states urging parent company Unilever to reverse decision

LE LEGGI DI OGGI:
China’s deploys aircraft to Taiwan’s buffer zone that ‘significantly changes’ the game, dice il rapporto
– Matthew McConaughey announces whether he’s running for governor
Royal bombshell in new book prompt swift reaction from Buckingham Palace
Arizona police officer uses Taser on man holding knife, facendolo cadere e pugnalarlo al collo
Top Kansas Democrat chiamata for representative to step down after arrest on suspicion of DUI
– Oklahoma loses recruits in immediate aftermath of Lincoln Riley’s departure
Massive snowstorm strands 61 at pub for third night, ‘plenty of beer available’

LE ULTIME NOVITÀ DA FOX BUSINESS:
– Pennsylvania braces for huge energy price hikes as winter looms
Warning over latest variant derailing economic recovery will shake you
– CHI critica travel bans on southern African countries
Turks abandon the lira for dollars as currency crisis deepens
Australia to introdurre new laws to force media platforms to unmask online trolls
Alibaba empowers business units to be more agile as challenges mount

ALCUNE PAROLE DI PARTENZA

Ex Stati Uniti. attorney and Fox News contributor Andy McCarthy on Sunday commended the recent jury decisions behind the Kyle Rittenhouse e il Ahmaud Arbery prove.

I think they’re absolutely the right verdicts,” McCarthy said on Sunday Night in America with Trey Gowdy.

We put 12 people with common sense in the box. And if they need expert testimony, the idea is they get to hear from an expert who can give them some experience or some expertise in some area that’s material. Alla fine, we trust the common sense of the community to make the decision,” McCarthy added. “We need to be a lot more honest about the situations that we’re in, and a lot less of a mind that we have to be on one side or another.

Non ancora iscritto a Fox News First? Click here per scoprire cosa ti stai perdendo.

Fox News' Vai alla pagina di visualizzazione adesso è disponibile, providing visitors with Pay TV provider options in their area carrying Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network.

Fox News First è stato compilato da Fox News’ David Aaro. Grazie per averci fatto la tua prima scelta al mattino! We’ll see you in your inbox first thing Tuesday.

I commenti sono chiusi.