2 cases of Omicron variant detected in Canada, 政府は言う
At least two cases of the omicron variant of the coronavirus, first detected in Southern Africa last week, have been confirmed in カナダ, provincial health officials said on Sunday.
The cases were reported in two people who recently traveled to ナイジェリア, the Ontario government said in a statement.
The detection of Omicron has triggered global alarm as governments around the world scramble to impose new 旅行 制限 and markets sold off, fearing the variant could be resistant to vaccinations and upend a nascent economic reopening after a two-year global pandemic.
金曜日に, Canada closed its borders to foreign travelers who have recently been to seven Southern African nations in the preceding two weeks to help stop the spread of the newly identified variant of COVID-19（新型コロナウイルス感染症.
“今日, the province of Ontario has confirmed two cases of the Omicron variant of COVID-19 in Ottawa, both of which were reported in individuals with recent travel from Nigeria. Ottawa Public Health is conducting case and contact management and the patients are in isolation,” 声明は言った.
– オミクロン – ライブアップデート
– Omicron variant: Swiss voters give green light to COVID restrictions as cases rise
– Omicron variant: European country 禁止 Christmas markets, public drinking in bid to combat COVID-19 wave
– WHO 批判する travel bans on southern African countries
– ABCの「グッドモーニングアメリカ’ ゲスト worries omicron variant could hurt Biden’s economic ‘progress’
– ランドポール 爆風 ファウチ: ‘Astounding and alarming’ to declare ‘I represent science’
– NIH Dir. コリンズ: COVID vaccines will ‘most likely‘ protect against omicron variant, but too soon to tell
ウォーキシャパレード攻撃: 7 children still recovering in hospital one week after deadly ambush
の都市 ウォーキシャ asked residents to light a blue light outside their homes and share a moment of silence at 4:39 午後. CT on Sunday, exactly one week after the クリスマス parade attack that left at least six people dead and dozens more injured.
ショーン・ライリー市長, who led the moment of silence with other city officials, フォックスニュースに語った “blue is the color of unity.”
The city of about 70,000 people held a candlelight vigil on Monday and set up a memorial for the victims in Veterans Park, just blocks away from where 39-year-old Darrell Brooks allegedly broke through barricades in a red SUV and plowed through a crowd at a Christmas parade.
少なくとも 62 people were injured in total and seven children are still in the hospital, according to Children’s Wisconsin. Three of the hospitalized children are in serious condition, while three are in fair condition and one is in good condition.
One of those children, 11-year-old Jessalyn Torres, was hit so hard by the SUV she had marks from the vehicle’s grille across her chest.
“She told them, ‘Just glue me back together,’” Ryan Kohnke, Jessalyn’s uncle and a Waukesha resident who attended the parade, Fox NewsDigitalに語った. “For her to crack a joke and have that type of human moment was big. My sister and I both kind of chuckled. We thought that was funny.” 詳細については、ここをクリックしてください.
– Waukesha restaurant donates all of day’s sales to help parade victims, raises about $ 15,000
– Arizona university students 要求する administration to ‘withdraw’ カイルリッテンハウス: ‘killer off our campus’
– ガウディ: ‘Six body bags later,’ country is waking up to the dangers of the Left’s bail reform initiative
– CNN roasted for tweet saying Waukesha parade attack was caused by ‘a car’ that drove through parade
– ウォーキシャパレードの悲劇: Child リリース from hospital Saturday, 8 残る
Bipartisan lawmakers urge SEC to review Unilever filings over Ben & Jerry’s Israel boycott
A bipartisan group of 家 lawmakers is urging the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to assess whether the parent company of Ben & Jerry’s should amend its regulatory filing to reflect potential risks to shareholders over the company’s Israel boycott.
グループ, 担当者が率いる. リッチー・トーレス, D-N.Y。, sent a letter Friday to SEC Chairman Gary Gensler asking him to take action to ensure Unilever, インクルード ice cream company’s parent company, is in compliance with SEC rules.
“In the interests of shareholders, consumers, and public policy, we believe it is appropriate for the SEC to take steps to ensure the full disclosure of all information necessary to make Unilever’s filings in compliance with the rules and regulations of the United States’ SEC,” 記載された手紙, Jewish Insider reported.
“Unilever is a widely held company with a current market capitalization of $ 135 十億, which places in jeopardy the manifold United States institutions, pension funds, and endowments which hold its shares on behalf of its beneficiaries,” 手紙は続きました, the New York Post 報告. “We believe that these actions require the SEC to request that the regulatory filings of Unilever be amended to disclose the material risk factors.”
担当者. Andrew Garbarino, R-N.Y。, ジョシュゴットハイマー, D-N.J。, and Brian Fitzpatrick, R-Pa。, joined Torres in signing the letter.
Ben and Jerry’s announced in July that it would no longer sell its products in disputed territories including the West Bank, which the company called “Occupied Palestinian Territory.” The decision came amid an escalating conflict between Israel and Gaza, and Ben & Jerry’s said in a statement that selling products in those areas would be “inconsistent with” ベン & ジェリーズ “values.” 詳細については、ここをクリックしてください.
– Duke University pro-Israel group denied recognition by student government, admin overrules
– イスラエルが国境を閉鎖する, 非市民の海外旅行者への空港 14 日々 due to omicron variant
– ベン & Jerry’s Israel boycott: ミズーリ リード 12 states urging parent company Unilever to reverse decision
– China’s deploys aircraft to Taiwan’s buffer zone that ‘significantly changes’ the game, レポートによると
– マシュー・マコノヒー 発表 whether he’s running for governor
– Royal bombshell in new book prompts swift reaction from Buckingham Palace
– Arizona police officer uses Taser on man holding knife, 彼を倒して首を刺す
– Top Kansas Democrat コール for representative to step down after arrest on suspicion of DUI
– オクラホマ loses recruits in immediate aftermath of Lincoln Riley’s departure
– Massive snowstorm strands 61 at pub for third night, ‘plenty of beer available’
THE LATEST FROM FOX BUSINESS:
– ペンシルベニア braces for huge energy price hikes as winter looms
– Warning over latest variant derailing economic recovery will shake you
– WHO 批判する travel bans on southern African countries
– Turks abandon the lira for dollars as currency crisis deepens
– Australia to introduce new laws to force media platforms to unmask online trolls
– Alibaba empowers business units to be more agile as challenges mount
SOME PARTING WORDS
“I think they’re absolutely the right verdicts,” McCarthy said on “Sunday Night in America with Trey Gowdy.”
“We put 12 people with common sense in the box. And if they need expert testimony, the idea is they get to hear from an expert who can give them some experience or some expertise in some area that’s material. 最終的には, we trust the common sense of the community to make the decision,” McCarthy added. “We need to be a lot more honest about the situations that we’re in, and a lot less of a mind that we have to be on one side or another.”
Not signed up yet for Fox News First? Click here to find out what you’re missing.
フォックス・ニュース' Go Watch page is now available, providing visitors with Pay TV provider options in their area carrying Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network.
Fox News First was compiled by Fox News’ David Aaro. Thank you for making us your first choice in the morning! We’ll see you in your inbox first thing Tuesday.