2 cases of Omicron variant detected in Canada, 政府说
At least two cases of the omicron variant 冠状病毒的, first detected in Southern Africa last week, have been confirmed in 加拿大, provincial health officials said on Sunday.
The cases were reported in two people who recently traveled to 奈及利亚, the Ontario government said in a statement.
The detection of Omicron has triggered global alarm as governments around the world scramble to impose new 旅行 限制条件 and markets sold off, fearing the variant could be resistant to vaccinations and upend a nascent economic reopening after a two-year global pandemic.
在周五, Canada closed its borders to foreign travelers who have recently been to seven Southern African nations in the preceding two weeks to help stop the spread of the newly identified variant of 新冠肺炎.
“今天, the province of Ontario has confirmed two cases of the Omicron variant of COVID-19 in Ottawa, both of which were reported in individuals with recent travel from Nigeria. Ottawa Public Health is conducting case and contact management and the patients are in isolation,” 声明说.
– Omicron – 实时更新
– Omicron 变体: Swiss voters 给 green light to COVID restrictions as cases rise
– Omicron 变体: European country 禁令 Christmas markets, public drinking in bid to combat COVID-19 wave
– WHO 批评 travel bans on southern African countries
– ABC 的“早安美国”’ 客人 worries omicron variant could hurt Biden’s economic ‘progress’
– 兰德·保罗 爆炸 福西: '令人震惊和震惊’ 宣布‘我代表科学’
– NIH Dir. 科林斯: COVID vaccines will ‘most likely‘ protect against omicron variant, but too soon to tell
沃克夏游行袭击: 7 children still recovering in hospital one week after deadly ambush
的城市 Waukesha asked residents to light a blue light outside their homes and share a moment of silence at 4:39 下午. CT on Sunday, exactly one week after the 圣诞 parade attack that left at least six people dead and dozens more injured.
肖恩·赖利市长, who led the moment of silence with other city officials, 告诉福克斯新闻 “blue is the color of unity.”
The city of about 70,000 people held a candlelight vigil on Monday and set up a memorial for the victims in Veterans Park, just blocks away from where 39-year-old Darrell Brooks allegedly broke through barricades in a red SUV and plowed through a crowd at a Christmas parade.
至少 62 people were injured in total and seven children are still in the hospital, according to Children’s Wisconsin. Three of the hospitalized children are in serious condition, while three are in fair condition and one is in good condition.
One of those children, 11-year-old Jessalyn Torres, was hit so hard by the SUV she had marks from the vehicle’s grille across her chest.
“She told them, ‘把我粘回去,’” 瑞安·科恩克, Jessalyn’s uncle and a Waukesha resident who attended the parade, told Fox News Digital. “For her to crack a joke and have that type of human moment was big. My sister and I both kind of chuckled. We thought that was funny.” CLICK HERE TO READ MORE.
– Waukesha restaurant 捐赠 all of day’s sales to help parade victims, raises about $ 15,000
– Arizona university students 要求 administration to ‘withdraw’ 凯尔·里滕豪斯（Kyle Rittenhouse）: ‘killer off our campus’
– 高迪: ‘Six body bags later,’ country is waking up to the dangers of the Left’s bail reform initiative
– 有线电视新闻网 roasted for tweet saying Waukesha parade attack was caused by ‘a car’ that drove through parade
– Waukesha parade tragedy: Child 已发布 from hospital Saturday, 8 remain
Bipartisan lawmakers urge SEC to review Unilever filings over Ben & Jerry’s Israel boycott
A bipartisan group of 屋 lawmakers is urging the Securities and Exchange Commission (证券交易委员会) to assess whether the parent company of Ben & Jerry’s should amend its regulatory filing to reflect potential risks to shareholders over the company’s Israel boycott.
群组, 由代表领导. 里奇·托雷斯（Ritchie Torres）, D-N.Y。, sent a letter Friday to SEC Chairman Gary Gensler asking him to take action to ensure Unilever, 的 ice cream company’s parent company, is in compliance with SEC rules.
“In the interests of shareholders, consumers, and public policy, we believe it is appropriate for the SEC to take steps to ensure the full disclosure of all information necessary to make Unilever’s filings in compliance with the rules and regulations of the United States’ SEC,” the letter stated, Jewish Insider reported.
“Unilever is a widely held company with a current market capitalization of $ 135 十亿, which places in jeopardy the manifold United States institutions, pension funds, and endowments which hold its shares on behalf of its beneficiaries,” the letter continued, 纽约邮报 已报告. “We believe that these actions require the SEC to request that the regulatory filings of Unilever be amended to disclose the material risk factors.”
代表. Andrew Garbarino, R-N.Y。, Josh Gottheimer, D-N.J。, and Brian Fitzpatrick, R-Pa。, joined Torres in signing the letter.
Ben and Jerry’s announced in July that it would no longer sell its products in disputed territories including the West Bank, which the company called “Occupied Palestinian Territory.” The decision came amid an escalating conflict between Israel and Gaza, and Ben & Jerry’s said in a statement that selling products in those areas would be “inconsistent with” Ben & Jerry’s “values.” CLICK HERE TO READ MORE.
– Duke University pro-Israel group denied recognition by student government, admin overrules
– Israel to close border, airports to non-citizen international travelers for 14 天 due to omicron variant
– Ben & Jerry’s Israel boycott: 密苏里州 线索 12 states urging parent company Unilever to reverse decision
– China’s deploys aircraft to Taiwan’s buffer zone that ‘significantly changes’ the game, 报告说
– 马修·麦康纳 宣布 whether he’s running for governor
– Royal bombshell in new book prompts swift reaction from Buckingham Palace
– Arizona police officer uses Taser on man holding knife, 导致他跌倒并刺伤他的脖子
– Top Kansas Democrat 呼叫 for representative to step down after arrest on suspicion of DUI
– 俄克拉荷马州 loses recruits in immediate aftermath of Lincoln Riley’s departure
– Massive snowstorm strands 61 at pub for third night, ‘plenty of beer available’
– 宾夕法尼亚州 braces for huge energy price hikes as winter looms
– Warning over latest variant 脱轨 economic recovery will shake you
– WHO 批评 travel bans on southern African countries
– Turks 放弃 the lira for dollars as currency crisis deepens
– Australia to 介绍 new laws to force media platforms to unmask online trolls
– Alibaba empowers business units to be more agile as challenges mount
“I think they’re absolutely the right verdicts,” McCarthy said on “Sunday Night in America with Trey Gowdy.”
“We put 12 people with common sense in the box. And if they need expert testimony, the idea is they get to hear from an expert who can give them some experience or some expertise in some area that’s material. 到底, we trust the common sense of the community to make the decision,” McCarthy added. “We need to be a lot more honest about the situations that we’re in, and a lot less of a mind that we have to be on one side or another.”
尚未注册Fox News First? 点击这里 找出你所缺少的.
福克斯新闻' 转到观看页面 现在可用, providing visitors with Pay TV provider options in their area carrying Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network.
Fox News First由Fox News编写’ 大卫·阿罗. 谢谢您使我们成为您早晨的首选! We’ll see you in your inbox first thing Tuesday.