A spokesperson for Orange County Board Supervisor Lisa Bartlett told Fox News that the board has approved spending $ 100,000 as a reward.
That amount is on top of $ 50,000 being offered by the boy’s family, an anonymous $ 50,000 donasie, an additional $ 50,000 by a group of Orange County businessmen, and another unidentified source of funds, bringing the total to around $ 300,000, Volgens plaaslike verslae.
Aiden Leos, 6, was fatally shot Friday in a road-rage attack on the 55 freeway in Orange, Kalifornië. Leos’ mother, Joanna Cloonan, vertel KNSD-TV she was driving her son to school when a white Volkswagen cut her off.
“As I was merging away from the carpool lane, I heard a loud noise and I heard my son say ‘ow’ and I pulled the car over as soon as possible, and he had been shot,” Cloonan said. She said the bullet went through the trunk and struck her son, who was strapped into his booster seat in the rear passenger side.
“Ek het probeer om hom te red deur te bel 911, maar hy het baie bloed verloor… hy het dit net nie verdien nie. No one deserves that.”
Leos’ family set up a GoFundMe page on Sunday after another crowdfunding page had been set up. That page has now raised more than $ 242,000.
The family told Los Angeles’ jakkals 11 that a portion of the GoFundMe earnings would go towards reward money.
Intussen, the California Highway Patrol, which is investigating the case, has set up a tip line at 714-567-6000 or firstname.lastname@example.org for the public to use should they have any relevant information to share with authorities.
Associated Press het bygedra tot hierdie verslag.