“The American people deserve to know about the origins of COVID-19,” ミズーリ共和党セン. 法案が可決される前に、ジョシュ・ホーリーは上院のフロアで言った. “They deserve to know how this terrible pandemic that has ravaged the globe and our country, how it got started, and what China’s role was in starting it.”
He said that voters deserved to see the evidence and judge for themselves, rather than different speculation from various administration officials on where the virus may have come from.
“Whether it’s weighing in on issues of health care, national security, COVID-19, who disagrees with transparency?” asked Indiana Republican Sen. Mike Braun. “The sunshine reveals everything.”
Braun noted that even Dr. アンソニー・ファウチ, who has headed the U.S. coronavirus response through two presidential administrations, has called for transparency surrounding the origins of the virus.
In a statement before the vote, Biden said intelligence leaders were weighing two possible scenarios – that the virus either leapt to a human from contact with an infected animal or that it accidentally leaked from a laboratory in Wuhan, 中国. トップストーリーの詳細については、ここをクリックしてください.
– バイデン: Intel community torn between ‘two likely scenarios’ on COVID-19 outbreak source
– Former State Department official 明らかに ‘procedural’ および「実質的な懸念’ 武漢COVID-19起源
– ホワイトハウス won’t say if China will be punished if lab leak theory is proven
– Biden State Department quietly ended team’s work probing COVID origin
– ファウチ 守る ‘modest’ collaboration with Wuhan scientists, says NIH didn’t fund ‘gain of function’ 研究
– ホワイトハウス insists COVID-19 origins requires ‘transparent’ international investigation
Democrats are getting increasingly nervous about ‘woke’ 文化, analysts say
A New York Times opinion writer wondered in a new op-ed on Wednesday if the progressive cancel culture push will backfire on Democrats at the polls, and he isn’t the only analyst asking the question.
“Is Wokeness ‘Kryptonite for Democrats?’” Times contributor Thomas Edsall’s headline asked.
Edsall quoted several surveys finding most people are against the more radical campaigns, such as efforts to defund the police and upend traditional gender norms. それでもまだ, 彼は言った, Republicans can still point to the extreme minority that is pushing these ideas to argue that the Democratic Party is increasingly beholden to the radicals.
“Although centrist Democrats make up the majority of the party in the polls I cited above, the fact that a substantial minority of Democrats takes the more extreme stance allows Republicans to portray the Democratic Party as very much in thrall to its more ‘radical’ wing,” Edsall wrote.
Edsall shared an email he received from social psychologist Jonathan Haidt arguing that the left-wing policies will only serve to drag down the party.
“Wokeness is kryptonite for Democrats,” Haidt wrote. “Most people hate it, other than the progressive activists. If you just look at Americans’ policy preferences, Dems should be winning big majorities. But we have strong negative partisanship, and when people are faced with a party that seems to want to defund the police and rename schools, rather than open them, all while crime is rising and kids’ 福祉が落ちている, 共和党の左翼は、共和党にとって非常に簡単に対抗できます。” 詳細はこちらをクリックしてください.
– Wokeness at Fed’s regional banks puts central bank independence at risk
– ベン・ドメネク: Other nations laughing at US for embracing ‘woke religion’ クリティカルレース理論
– ‘Ridiculous’ to see left-wing bureaucrats bringing ‘woke-ism’ to military: テッド・クルーズ
– ツイッター explodes over Russian army recruitment ad compared to ‘woke’ US version: ‘We are doomed’
Virginia couple shot dead in cold blood outside their home, 警察は言う
A manhunt was underway in Virginia on Wednesday after a husband and wife were brutally murdered outside their home in Springfield, 当局は言った.