“The American people deserve to know about the origins of COVID-19,” 미주리 공화당 센. Josh Hawley는 법안이 통과되기 전에 상원에서 말했습니다.. “They deserve to know how this terrible pandemic that has ravaged the globe and our country, how it got started, and what China’s role was in starting it.”
He said that voters deserved to see the evidence and judge for themselves, rather than different speculation from various administration officials on where the virus may have come from.
“Whether it’s weighing in on issues of health care, 국가 안보, 코로나 바이러스 감염증 -19 : 코로나 19, who disagrees with transparency?” asked Indiana Republican Sen. Mike Braun. “The sunshine reveals everything.”
Braun noted that even Dr. 안토니 포시, who has headed the U.S. coronavirus response through two presidential administrations, has called for transparency surrounding the origins of the virus.
In a statement before the vote, Biden said intelligence leaders were weighing two possible scenarios – that the virus either leapt to a human from contact with an infected animal or that it accidentally leaked from a laboratory in Wuhan, 중국. 우리의 주요 이야기에 대한 자세한 내용을 보려면 여기를 클릭하십시오..
– 바이든: Intel community torn between ‘two likely scenarios’ on COVID-19 outbreak source
– 전 국무부 관리 계시하다 ‘procedural’ and ‘substantive concerns’ with Wuhan COVID-19 origin
– 백악관 won’t say if China will be punished if lab leak theory is proven
– Biden State Department quietly ended team’s work probing COVID origin
– Fauci 방어하다 ‘modest’ collaboration with Wuhan scientists, says NIH didn’t fund ‘gain of function’ 연구
– 백악관 주장하다 COVID-19 origins requires ‘transparent’ international investigation
Democrats are getting increasingly nervous about ‘woke’ 문화, analysts say
A New York Times opinion writer wondered in a new op-ed on Wednesday if the progressive cancel culture push will backfire on Democrats at the polls, and he isn’t the only analyst asking the question.
“Is Wokeness ‘Kryptonite for Democrats?’” Times contributor Thomas Edsall’s headline asked.
Edsall quoted several surveys finding most people are against the more radical campaigns, such as efforts to defund the police and upend traditional gender norms. 그리고 아직, 그는 말했다, Republicans can still point to the extreme minority that is pushing these ideas to argue that the Democratic Party is increasingly beholden to the radicals.
“Although centrist Democrats make up the majority of the party in the polls I cited above, the fact that a substantial minority of Democrats takes the more extreme stance allows Republicans to portray the Democratic Party as very much in thrall to its more ‘radical’ wing,” Edsall wrote.
Edsall shared an email he received from social psychologist Jonathan Haidt arguing that the left-wing policies will only serve to drag down the party.
“Wokeness is kryptonite for Democrats,” Haidt wrote. “Most people hate it, other than the progressive activists. If you just look at Americans’ policy preferences, Dems should be winning big majorities. But we have strong negative partisanship, and when people are faced with a party that seems to want to defund the police and rename schools, rather than open them, all while crime is rising and kids’ welfare is falling, the left flank of the party is just so easy for Republicans to run against.” 자세한 내용은 여기를 클릭하십시오.
– Wokeness at Fed’s regional banks puts central bank independence at risk
– 벤도 메네 치: Other nations 웃음 at US for embracing ‘woke religion’ 비판적 인종 이론
– ‘Ridiculous’ to see left-wing bureaucrats bringing ‘woke-ism’ to military: 테드 크루즈
– 트위터 explodes over Russian army recruitment ad compared to ‘woke’ US version: ‘We are doomed’
Virginia couple shot dead in cold blood outside their home, 경찰은 말한다
A manhunt was underway in Virginia on Wednesday after a husband and wife were brutally murdered outside their home in Springfield, 당국은 말했다.