早上好，欢迎收看福克斯新闻. 这是您开始新一天时需要知道的 …
Trump signs Covid bill, 避免关机, 将继续推动 $ 2G checks from Congress
Five days after calling the coronavirus bill a “disgrace,” President Trump signed the massive $ 900 billion COVID-19 relief and $ 1.4 trillion government spending package Sunday night.
The president’s decision to sign the package will avert a government shutdown, restore unemployment benefits, stop evictions, provide rental assistance, add additional funding to the Small Business Administration’s Paycheck Protection Program and invest in vaccine distribution, among other items in the bills.
Trump has also sent a “redlined version” of the bill to Congress, which includes an item by item breakdown and formal rescission request insisting that any “wasteful items” be removed from the bill.
“As President, I have told Congress that I want far less wasteful spending and more money going to the American people in the form of $ 2,000 checks per adult and $ 600 per child,” Trump said in a statement issued by White House Deputy Press Secretary Judd Deere on Sunday. “Much more money is coming. I will never give up my fight for the American people!”
星期二, Trump slammed the $ 900 billion relief bill as a “disgrace” and claimed it has “almost nothing to do with COVID.”
“Congress found plenty of money for foreign countries, lobbyists and special interests while sending the bare minimum to the American people who need it,” 特朗普说.
然而, House Appropriations Committee Chairwoman Nita M. Lowey, D-NY, said that she and her committee’s Democratic majority plan to reject the president’s request. 单击此处了解我们的更多故事.
– 特朗普总统 迹象 COVID relief, 避免支出帐单关闭. 那现在发生了什么?
– Illinois restaurant owner 说 limited coronavirus stimulus will cause middle class to ‘starve to death’
– Beverly Hills restaurant 抓住 planning ‘discreet’ New Year’s dinner amid dining ban
– Barstool’s Dave Portnoy 发射 $ 500K fund to aid small businesses hit by pandemic
Nashville bombing suspect Anthony Quinn Warner died in explosion: 警察
The suspect behind the Christmas Day bombing in downtown Nashville has been identified as 63-year-old Anthony Quinn Warner, authorities confirmed during a press conference Sunday.
Police said Warner owned the RV that exploded in downtown Nashville early Friday, and that he died in the blast.
在爆炸遗留的碎片中发现了人体组织, and DNA examinations of tissue samples by The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and FBI were found to be consistent with Warner. 此外, the Tennessee Highway Patrol uncovered a vehicle identification number from the remains of the RV, which revealed it was registered to Warner.
Authorities said that, while they are still following leads, there is “no indication” that any other people were involved.
Police added that a motive for the bombing remains unknown and that officials are looking to speak with anyone familiar with Warner’s ideologies. Police are interviewing individuals identified to have been known by Warner and are still processing evidence from the scene. 点击这里了解更多.
– White box truck 玩 audio ‘similar’ 纳什维尔的房车爆炸，关闭了田纳西州的高速公路
– LA entertainment exec 已连结 to Nashville bombing suspect
– Tattoo shop ruined in Nashville explosion after year of braving coronavirus pandemic: '它消失了,的拥有者说
– Nashville family credits officers with helping them flee home moments before explosion
– Nashville cops 详情 lifesaving moments before explosion: ‘圣诞节对我们来说永远不会一样’
Fauci claims his earlier herd immunity numbers were ‘guestimates,’ 定居 75-80 百分
博士. Anthony Fauci on Sunday dismissed accusations that he deliberately moved the goalposts on when the country would vaccinate enough people against COVID-19 to reach herd immunity, saying he was previously offering “guestimates.”
Reported by some outlets as a “confession,” Fauci told The New York Times: “When polls said only about half of all Americans would take a vaccine, I was saying herd immunity would take 70 至 75 percent …Then, when newer surveys said 60 percent or more would take it, I thought, ‘I can nudge this up a bit,’ so I went to 80,85.”
In subsequent interviews, Fauci has focused on the other part of that Times report in which he compared COVID-19 to measles, saying at the time that “I’d bet my house that COVID isn’t as contagious as measles.”
Fauci appeared on Sunday morning’s “State of the Union,” reiterating to CNN’s Dana Bash that he based his numbers on measles – not polling.
“Measles is about 98% effective vaccine; the COVID-19 vaccine is about 94%,” Fauci said.
“When you get below 90% of the population vaccinated with measles, you start seeing a breakthrough against the herd immunity, people starting to get infected, like we saw in upper New York State and in New York City, with the Orthodox Jewish group, when we had the measles outbreak.”
“So I made a calculation that COVID-19 is not as nearly as transmissible as measles,” Fauci added, stressing that measles is “the most transmissible” 病毒. 点击这里了解更多.
– Supermarket chain gives $ 200K in gift cards to struggling restaurants amid coronavirus pandemic
– Wars, instability pose coronavirus vaccine challenges in poor nations
– ‘Believe in science’: EU kicks off COVID-19 vaccine campaign
– Coronavirus restrictions 杀人 the party rental industry
– Texas woman on President Trump commuting her remaining term of supervised release from prison
– UK urges businesses to prepare for Brexit as companies fear disruption: 报告
– China highly 批评 Ant Group, tells company to switch back to its mainstay payments business
– AT&Ť to waive data overage charges for customers impacted by outages due to Nashville bombing
– Could you 生活 on the average Social Security benefit in 2021?
– ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ dominates Christmas pandemic box office opening weekend
#闪回: 点击这里 找出发生了什么事 “历史上的这一天。”
史蒂夫·希尔顿 discussed how the establishment refused to accept President Trump and his policies over the last four years on “下一轮革命” Sunday night.
“For four years they plotted and schemed to get their power back,” 希尔顿说. “The resistance, the Russia plot, the impeachment hoax, the endless attempts to block and stop the policies that you voted for. In spite of all this, President Trump did get it done.”
尚未注册Fox News First? 请点击 这里 找出你所缺少的.
福克斯新闻' 转到观看页面 现在可用, 在带有Fox新闻频道的区域为访问者提供付费电视提供商选择 & 福克斯商务网.
Fox News First由Fox News编写’ 杰克·杜斯拉格. 谢谢您使我们成为您早晨的首选! We’ll see you in your inbox first thing Tuesday.