State Department trying to steal credit for rescue of 4 Americans from Afghanistan, organizer says: ‘Total lie’
The organizer of a private mission to rescue an American mom, Mariam, and her three children from 阿富汗 says the 我们. State Department is now trying to insert itself into the story of her evacuation, despite playing little to no role for much of the rescue effort.
Senior State Department officials on Monday 宣布 那 “我们. has facilitated the safe departure of four US citizens by overland route from Afghanistan. Embassy staff was present upon their arrival.”
But those actually involved in the dangerous rescue operation say the State Department deserves little to no credit for Mariam’s escape from Afghanistan.
Cory Mills and a private team of military veterans, drawing on funding by private donors including the Sentinel Foundation, led the effort to rescue Mariam and her three children from Afghanistan, where they had been left behind by the 拜登政府, multiple sources with knowledge of Mariam’s evacuation confirmed to Fox News.
The State Department’s public posture about Mariam’s rescue is “absolute nonsense,” Mills told Fox News in an exclusive interview Monday. “The fact that they’re spinning this, trying to take 100% credit when they didn’t track this family, when they placated this family, when the mother, who was under extreme stress and extreme pressure, reached out to the State Department multiple times and got no help.”
A State Department spokesperson, when asked whether the agency is overselling its role in Mariam’s rescue, told Fox News in an email: “The Department assisted four Americans depart Afghanistan via an overland route on Monday. We provided guidance to them, worked to facilitate their safe passage, and Embassy officials greeted the Americans once they had crossed the border.”
But Mills and others with knowledge of the operation say the State Department is exaggerating its role and had little to do with the rescue mission until the most dangerous part – getting Mariam and her children across the border – was completed. CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ON OUR TOP STORY.
– Blinken to 作证 before Senate panel next week about Afghanistan withdrawal
– State Department, 白色的房子 holding up charter planes in Afghanistan, top New Yorker editor says
– 代表. Gallagher slams Biden for ‘说谎的‘ 关于阿富汗危机
– NY Times mocked for piece on ‘Biden doctrine‘ following Afghanistan exit: ‘Is this a WH press release?’
– US facilitates Afghanistan evacuation 的 4 Americans by overland route
– Son of 9/11 victim to Biden: Do not come to Ground Zero memorials
Newsom supporters outraised California recall backers ahead of election
Millions have been raised on both sides ahead of the final stretch of 加利福尼亚州的 recall election that could see first-term Democratic 政府. 加文·纽瑟姆（Gavin Newsom） removed from office in a state that heavily leans blue.
With just a little over a week until the Sept. 14 contest, the state has received more than 5 million ballots out of 22 million sent to registered voters. The vote will give 共和党人 a chance to take back Sacramento since Arnold Schwarzenegger left office in 2011.
Fundraising by pro-and anti-recall groups, as well as the top candidates in the race, has topped $ 72 百万, 记录显示.
Ballot committees with a pro-Newsom stance have raised upwards of $ 49.5 million while those in favor raised $ 8.6 million as of July 31, according to the California Secretary of State’s Office.
The biggest anti-recall committee, Stop the Republican Recall of Governor Newsom, raised the majority of funds with $ 46.3 百万.
Much of the opposition against Newsom stems from his handling of the 新冠肺炎 pandemic in which he has issued mandates requiring masks and public workers to be vaccinated. Those issues coincide with raging 野火 in Northern California, an expanding homelessness 危机, a spike in crime, and California’s notoriously high taxes and cost of living that have prompted some residents and businesses to relocate elsewhere. CLICK HERE TO READ MORE.
– Newsom rally speaker 来电 Larry Elder ‘a Black face on White supremacy’
– The Trump factor: 新闻新闻 spotlights former president in California gubernatorial recall election
– Elder urges supporters to report ‘anything suspicious’ in California recall election
– California hiker 死 after falling 50 脚, witnesses say she tripped
South Carolina lawyer Alex Murdaugh to resign from firm, enter rehab after wife and son shot dead
The prominent 南卡罗来纳 lawyer who was 射击 along a country road over the weekend, months after he found his wife and son shot and killed outside their home, is quitting his law firm and will enter rehab.
亚历克斯·默多, 53, was heading to Charleston when he was shot on Old Salkehatchie Road near Varnville, 南卡. 周六, 当局说. His car was stopped when a truck passed by before turning around and someone from inside opened fire, his lawyer said, citing information from Murdaugh’s brother. He sustained a superficial wound to the head, 当局说.
在声明中, Murdaugh announced he was leaving his law firm and entering rehab following a “long battle that has been exacerbated these murders.”
“The murders of my wife and son have caused an incredibly difficult time in my life. I have made a lot of decisions that I truly regret. I’m resigning from my law firm and entering rehab after a long battle that has been exacerbated these murders,” Murdaugh said in a statement sent to Fox News. “I am immensely sorry to everyone I’ve hurt including my family, friends and colleagues. I ask for prayers as I rehabilitate myself and my relationships.”
It was unclear if Saturday’s shooting was related to the double slaying of his wife and son. A family spokesperson said Murdaugh is expected to survive.
The shooting came months after Murdaugh found his wife, 玛吉·默多, 52, and their 22-year-old son, 保罗·默多, both shot several times at their Colleton County home on June 7. They were both dead outside the home near dog kennels, 当局说. CLICK HERE TO READ MORE.
– 西雅图 could lose 过度 200 cops due to COVID vaccine mandate, 报告说
– Accomplice of Minneapolis teen 服务 90 年份 for triple murder reverses crucial testimony
– After Chicago Labor Day 周末 枪击事件 wound 8 孩子们, top cop pleads with public
– Florida judge denies 键 to Marine sharpshooter accused of killing 4, including baby in mother’s arms
– Shooting, 谋杀 trends mixed in NYC, Chicago and other major US cities as summer comes to end
– Mainstream media host gets fooled by fake COVID story
– Waffle House customer 转弯 violent but employee gets the last laugh
– CNN blasted for article claiming ‘Whiteness‘ will expand to be ‘tan’
– Memphis fan knocked out cold by brutal rights in chaotic scene at the Liberty Bowl
– Woman who went 失踪 on solo hike found dead
– ‘The Wire’ actor Michael K. 威廉姆斯 found dead in NYC apartment
– Biden seeks to shift focus to domestic issues after Afghanistan exit
– 司法部 looks for ways to challenge Texas abortion law
– Right to Work economies are recovering faster from COVID, 这就是为什么
– Big Boeing customer 说 it is walking away from new MAX order
– Forget Netflix, some movie fans rewind to VHS tapes
– Franklin Graham 感叹 ‘incentive not to work’ on Labor Day
代表. Mike Gallagher R-Wis., 已加入 “福克斯新闻黄金时间” Monday to react to Biden’s handling of Afghanistan.
“他 [拜登] said al Qaeda has been decimated in Afghanistan—not true. He said our allies didn’t have concerns with the way in which this has been conducted—not true. He said Americans weren’t having trouble getting to the airport. Well obviously, we just left hundreds if not thousands of them behind. 所以, that was a massive lie,” Gallagher 说过. “The foundation of our foreign policy has always been peace through strength. 好, the Biden doctrine is to sow chaos through weakness and weakness invites aggression and I fear we’ve only begun to see the aggression from our adversaries internationally because of this absolute disaster.”
尚未注册Fox News First? 请点击 这里 找出你所缺少的.
福克斯新闻' 转到观看页面 现在可用, 在带有Fox新闻频道的区域为访问者提供付费电视提供商选择 & 福克斯商务网.
Fox News First由Fox News编写’ 大卫·阿罗. 谢谢您使我们成为您早晨的首选! We’ll see you in your inbox first thing Wednesday.