The reviews will focus on the State Department’s Special Immigrant Visa program, Afghans processed for refugee admission into the U.S., resettlement of refugees and visa recipients, and the emergency evacuation of the U.S. Embassy in Kabul, according to an Oct. 15 memo to Secretary of State Blinken first reported by Politico and confirmed by Fox News.
Diana Shaw, the acting inspector general at State, told Congress that her office was launching “several oversight projects” related to the end of the U.S. military and diplomatic missions in Afghanistan.
“Given the elevated interest in this work by Congress and the unique circumstances requiring coordination across the Inspector General community, I wanted to notify our committees of jurisdiction of this important work,” Shaw wrote in a letter to the foreign affairs and intelligence committees of both the U.S. House and the U.S. Senado.
Other inspectors general offices, including those at the Department of Defense and the Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction, are also likely to launch similar probes of the withdrawal, Politico informó. HAGA CLIC AQUÍ PARA OBTENER MÁS INFORMACIÓN SOBRE NUESTRA PRINCIPAL HISTORIA.
En otros desarrollos:
– Top Biden officials keep being MIA during crises
– Congressmen denied access to Afghan refugees at US base in Qatar, Reps. Issa says
– Midnight runs: Biden secretly flying underage migrants into NY in the dead of night
– WH’s reaction to Biden without mask in posh restaurant likely to surprise usted
Youngkin campaign ad uses McAuliffe’s words to showcase his stance against parents influencing schools
The campaign of Virginia Republican gubernatorial candidate Glenn Youngkin has clapped back after his Democratic opponent Terry McAuliffe accused the Republican of “retortijón” his words on education.
“Two weeks before Election Day, Terry McAuliffe is struggling to save his campaign,” Youngkin spokeswoman Macaulay Porter told Fox News. “Después 3 weeks of confirming more than half a dozen times that he meant exactly what he said in the debate, McAuliffe has been ordered by panicked DC Democrats to stop spouting anti-parent screeds.”
“But it’s too late – Terry showed us his heart,” Porter added. “This is what he believes. His attempt to fool Virginians is pathetic, and parents know the truth because the videos don’t lie. Terry will have to answer for that in two weeks on Election Day.”
Youngkin is launching an ad showing footage of the seven times McAuliffe said he doesn’t want parents determining what schools teach their children. El anuncio, which the campaign exclusively provided to Fox News, uses footage of McAuliffe’s own words to make his position clear.
“I’m not going to let parents come into schools and actually take books out and make their own decision,” McAuliffe, who served as Virginia’s governor from 2014 a 2018, said during a September debate. “No creo que los padres deban decirle a las escuelas lo que deben enseñar.”
A recent Fox News poll found that 57 percent of Virginia parents said that parents “should be telling schools what to teach.” HAGA CLIC AQUÍ PARA MÁS.
En otros desarrollos:
– Conservatives golpe McAuliffe ally who declared, ‘Only cure for stupid is education’
– Jonathan Turley: VP Harris’ McAuliffe endorsement video may violate ley Federal
– Harris hitting campaign trail with McAuliffe amid tight raza for Virginia governor
– Encuesta de Fox News: Escuelas, economía conduciendo close Virginia governor’s race
Christopher Steele ABC interview slammed by ex-Trump official: ‘He’s no James Bond’
A former Trump administration official told Fox News on Monday that ex-MI6 agent Christopher Steele – who largely defended his controversial dossier of salacious allegations against Donald Trump in a recent ABC interview – is not the intrepid British spy he claims to be.
“He’s no James Bond,” former Defense Department chief of staff Kash Patel told “Tucker Carlson esta noche,” after the former spy did a sit-down with ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos and implied there is still a potential that allegations in the dossier could still be borne out.
“I think the Russians felt they got pretty good value out of Donald Trump when he was president with the U.S,” Steele replied when pressed by Stephanopoulos as to why the salacious video purporting to show Trump in bed with Russian prostitutes had yet to be publicly substantiated.
When asked if a ‘Trump 2024’ bid would be a threat to national security, Steele replied in the affirmative.
Patel told Fox News host Tucker Carlson that the former British agent, along with the FBI, “knew from jump” that the information in the ex-spy’s dossier was unreliable. HAGA CLIC AQUÍ PARA MÁS.
En otros desarrollos:
– CNN’s Stelter asks Democratic attorney embroiled in Russiagate for media advice on covering democracy
– Steele dossier author still believes Michael Cohen colluded with Russia in Prague despite DOJ report
LECTURAS DE HOY:
– Colin Powell muerto a 84 from COVID-19 complications
– Philly train riders may have recorded rape on phones, may be charged
– Texas lawmakers pass new congressional maps bolstering GOP
– Schwarber, Red Sox golpe Astros 12-3, lead ALCS 2-1
– Titanes detener Josh Allen on crucial 4th down to hold on for win, fans debate whether Bills made right play
LO MÁS RECIENTE DE FOX BUSINESS:
– Some Dems urge Nancy to pump the brakes on tax plan
– GOP fights back after Dem says a state is ‘irrelevant’ to America’s economy
– Estos son the best places to retire in the US for 2021-2022
– Major television station owner pegar with ransomware attack
– Walmart anuncia Black Friday shopping… with a twist
ALGUNAS PALABRAS DE PARTIDA
Sean Hannity said vaccine mandates supported by President Biden and the Democrats are unscientific and moreover are vilifying the exact people he and many others on all sides lauded for their bravery and professionalism during the worst early days of the coronavirus pandemic.
Aún no se ha registrado en Fox News First? Hacer clic aquí para descubrir lo que te estás perdiendo.
Fox News' Ir a la página de visualización Ya está disponible, Brindar a los visitantes opciones de proveedores de TV paga en su área con Fox News Channel. & Fox Business Network.
Fox News First fue compilado por Fox News’ Jack Durschlag. Gracias por hacernos su primera opción por la mañana.! We’ll see you in your inbox first thing Wednesday.