The concern was that a probe would bring attention to U.S. funding of research at the Wuhan institute from which the virus may have escaped.
Vanity Fair reported that officials calling for transparency from the Chinese government were told not to explore the Wuhan Institute of Virology’s “機能の獲得” 研究, それはアウトレットが説明したものをもたらすからです “歓迎されない” 米国の注目. その研究への政府の資金提供.
The outlet reported that Thomas DiNanno, a former acting assistant secretary of the State Department’s Bureau of Arms Control, 検証, and Compliance, wrote in a January memo that staff from two bureaus “警告” leaders within his office not to probe the origins of the virus because it risked opening “ワームの缶。”
Multiple former State Department officials told Fox News that the reported memo accurately describes what was happening at State at the time and that there was an effort among some officials at the department to oppose an extensive investigation into a possible lab leak. トップストーリーの詳細については、ここをクリックしてください.
– Wuhan lab-leak scenario could be complicated to prove, even after regaining credibility
– 下院共和党議員 要求する info from White House about funding for Wuhan lab gain-of-function research
– ファウチ has not been ‘exactly honest,’ questions on Wuhan lab funding must be answered: ナンシー・メイス
– ファウチ stresses keeping ‘open mind’ on coronavirus origin amid scrutiny over lab-leak theory
Politico newsletters obsess over GOP infighting despite Dems’ control of government
Despite the fact that Democrats control the House of Representatives, the Senate and the White House, Politico’s highly read newsletters have dedicated more digital ink to former President Trump and GOP infighting on Capitol Hill.
Politico Playbook, which describes itself as “The unofficial guide to official Washington,” 導いた 12 out of its 31 newsletters published in May on various Republican dramas, from the ouster of Rep. リズ・チェイニー, R-ワイオ。, from House leadership to Trump’s potential legal woes.
のみ 11 of the Playbook’s newsletters were focused on the Biden agenda.
The GOP obsession was even more severe in Politico’s “Huddle” ニュースレター, which offers a “play-by-play preview of the day’s congressional news.” Sixteen out of 20 の “Huddle” newsletters in May were focused on Republican lawmakers and the efforts to form a Jan. 6 手数料.
Only two were focused on progressive lawmakers and just one mentioned the Biden agenda. 詳細はこちらをクリックしてください.
– WaPo 与える Biden ‘Four Pinocchios’ for ‘nonsensical’ claim that Alzheimer’s patients will soon flood hospitals
– Is Joe Biden priming Kamala Harris for 2024 大統領職? Ari Fleischer weighs in
– マケニー スラム media’s Hunter Biden cover-up: 「彼らは物語を隠し、選挙に影響を与えました’
– ボンジーノ トーチ ‘embarrassing’ mainstream media for covering up Hunter Biden, Wuhan lab stories
Trump-appointed Supreme Court justices side with liberals in computer fraud case
Three Trump-appointed Supreme Court justices sided with three liberal Justices on Thursday to endorse a narrow approach on how to apply a 1986 law against computer hacking.
Justices Brett Kavanaugh, Amy Coney Barrett and Neil Gorsuch — all nominated by former President Trump – found themselves agreeing with justices Stephen Breyer, Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan.