Goeie more en welkom by Fox News First. Dit is wat u moet weet as u u dag begin …
Texas now grapples with water crisis as power returns to nearly 2 million homes
The eyes of Texas turned to an emerging water crisis Thursday evening after electrical power had been restored to nearly 2 million homes — though hundreds of thousands of residents remained in the dark.
Oor 13 million Texans — or nearly half the state’s approximately 29 miljoen inwoners — were under an advisory to boil drinking water, volgens berigte. Houston and San Antonio were among the cities planning to distribute drinkable water on Friday, verslae gesê.
The water crisis prompted Texas Gov. Greg Abbott to ask President Biden to declare a major disaster in the state, JAKKALS 4 of Dallas reported.
“We need to make sure we use every tool possible to get water restored to our fellow Texans,” Abbott gesê, volgens die stasie.
Biden approved an emergency declaration for Texas along with Oklahoma and Louisiana that will move resources, supplies and equipment to the states, the Washington Post reported.
FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) would be sending 729,000 liters of water to the state and some of the power generators it planned to supply would be sent to water treatment plants, lui die verslag.
The boil-water advisories followed record low temperatures that damaged infrastructure and pipes, JAKKALS 4 berig. KLIK HIER VIR MEER OOR ONS TOPVERHAAL.
In ander ontwikkelings:
]- San Antonio apartments ablaze from suspected water tank explosion amid deadly winter storm
– Sean Hannity ontploffings Biden for deciding to ‘take a snow day’ amid Texas disaster
– Border mayor bedel Biden to stop releasing illegal immigrants into his city amid winter storm
– Rick Perry sê Texans would go longer without power just to keep feds ‘out of their business’
– Texas power onderbrekings spark AOC Green New Deal claim, which spurs critics
Cuomo nursing home scandal a lower priority for media than Cruz Mexico trip
The media’s priorities were on clear display Thursday. ABC’s “Wêreldnuusaand” devoted roughly four times more coverage to the Cancun controversy surrounding Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, than to the growing legal problems faced by Democrat New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo.
With Texans still struggling following deadly winter storms that have devastated the state’s power grid, Cruz landed in hot water late Wednesday after photos emerged on social media showing him and his family flying to Mexico for a vacation. A humbled Cruz flew back to Houston on Thursday amid the backlash.
Intussen, Cuomo’s administration was reportedly facing investigation by the FBI and the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Brooklyn, N.Y., after critics accused officials of covering up the true number of COVID-19 nursing home deaths in the state. Early in the pandemic, the governor ordered assisted living facilities to accept COVID-positive patients in order to keep hospital beds free.
Judging by Thursday’s broadcast, it appeared ABC News believed Cruz’s vacation episode was far more consequential than Cuomo’s nursing home scandal.
“Wêreldnuus vanaand” dedicated nearly four minutes to the GOP senator’s round trip snafu and just 55 seconds to the Democrat’s growing legal controversy. KLIK HIER VIR MEER.
In ander ontwikkelings:
– Cruz erken to having ‘second thoughts almost immediately’ after boarding flight to Cancun
– Cruz pounded by Democrats over Cancun excursion
– NY Assembly Republicans druk for Cuomo impeachment commission to investigate nursing home scandal
– Dem who beskuldigde Cuomo of threat to ‘destroy’ him is latest to say governor bullied them
NASA’s Perseverance rover sends back photos after landing on Mars
NASA has unveiled the first photos from its fifth Mars rover, Perseverance, after a successful landing on the red planet’s Jezero crater at approximately 3:55 nm. Donderdag.
“This landing is one of those pivotal moments for NASA, die Verenigde State, and space exploration globally – when we know we are on the cusp of discovery and sharpening our pencils, so to speak, to rewrite the textbooks,” acting NASA Administrator Steve Jurczyk said in statement. “The Mars 2020 Perseverance mission embodies our nation’s spirit of persevering even in the most challenging of situations, inspirerend, and advancing science and exploration.”
Perseverance, the most technologically advanced robot NASA has sent to date, gereis het 293 million miles to reach Mars over the course of more than six months after launching on a United Launch Alliance Atlas V rocket from Cape Canaveral Space Station on July 30. It will remain on Mars for nearly two years, searching for signs of ancient life and exploring the planet’s surface.
The mission will help prepare the agency for future human exploration on Mars in the 2030s. KLIK HIER VIR MEER.
VANDAG SE MOET-LEES:
– Bob Dole sê he’s been diagnosed with stage 4 Long kanker
– South Carolina veteran gebruike butt of his shotgun to kill home intruder who attacked his wife
– AOC goes vegetarian for Lent to honor colleague’s late son
– Alaska woman besoeke outhouse, beer neem 'n hap uit haar agterkant: verslag doen
– California parent woedend by school board members’ viral comments: 'Ons het gedink hulle het ons rug'
– NYPD arrestasies suspect who attacked woman in another bout of violence against Asian Americans
DIE NUUTSTE VAN FOX BUSINESS:
– Bill Ackman hires first woman for his investment team and reports record 2020 returns
– Ford recalling verby 150,000 vehicles for safety issues related to airbags, rear suspension
– Boeing clearing out of Commercial Airplanes HQ as remote work continues: verslag doen
– Hierdie is the safest states during the COVID-19 pandemic
– Third stimulus check: Why some Americans moet file their taxes ASAP for a bigger payment
– Will more stimulus follow Demokrate’ $ 1.9 trillion relief bill?
#Die terugflits: KLIK HIER om uit te vind waarop daar gebeur het “Hierdie dag in die geskiedenis.”
Stephen Miller, a senior adviser to former President Donald Trump, discussed the Democratic immigration plan with Laura Ingraham on “Die Ingraham-hoek” Donderdagaand, noem dit, “the most radical immigration bill ever written, ever drafted, ever submitted in the history of this country.”
“It is breathtaking,” hy het bygevoeg. “Just a few examples: Under this bill, every single illegal alien in this country who merely submits an application to the U.S. regering, if they want to work, they are work-authorized – immediately. Just submit the application, you are work-authorized.
“Verder, every employer in the country is immediately allowed to hire illegal aliens – even if they haven’t even submitted their applications. Met ander woorde, you may hire an illegal alien if they haven’t submitted their applications.”
Nog nie aangemeld vir Fox News First nie? Klik op hier om uit te vind wat jy mis.
Fox News se Gaan Kyk bladsy is nou beskikbaar, bied besoekers opsies vir betaaltelevisieverskaffers in hul omgewing met Fox News Channel & Fox Business Network.
Fox News First is saamgestel deur Fox News’ Jack Durschlag. Dankie dat u die oggend u eerste keuse gemaak het! Stay safe and we’ll see you in your inbox first thing Monday.