And while plenty of people won’t (or don’t) 认为夏季行为礼仪指南是必要的, many will welcome it — and hope that others will follow the thoughtful advice that tends to make everyone’s experience, no matter the occasion, just more pleasant overall.
Jacqueline Whitmore, 一个 Florida-based etiquette consultant who advises corporations, groups and individuals on behavior for a wide array of situations, has strong opinions about the matter.
“Etiquette is more than knowing how to use the right knife and fork,” 她说. “I define it as the ‘art of knowing how to treat other people.’ It’s being mindful of how your behavior affects others.”
考虑到这一点, here are 25 do’s and don’ts Whitmore shared with Fox News Digital.
These pointers aren’t meant to insult anyone, of course — they’re expressed in 2022 as handy and good-to-know tips for one and all.
With that said — dive right in!
At the beach
1. Be mindful of your music volume when others are around you. Use ear buds whenever possible.
2. Give others plenty of space. Don’t sit too close to other beachgoers.
3. “Conversely,” added Whitmore, “don’t spread out and take up too much space with your blankets, chairs, umbrellas, toys and more.”
4. Don’t fling or shake out your sand-covered blanket or towel when others are nearby.
5. Pick up your trash and take it with you — or deposit it in a nearby wastebasket.
6. Keep your young children nearby so that they don’t disrupt other people around you.
7. Don’t smoke — and not just because it’s bad for you. “A downwind of cigar or cigarette smoke ruins the beach experience for those who don’t smoke,” said Whitmore.
At a summer guest house
8. If you break something, report it to the owner immediately.
9. Don’t take anything that doesn’t belong to you. (“是, this is worth articulating!” said Whitmore.)
10. Tidy up at the end of your stay. This includes taking or tossing any extra food or other items you may have brought with you.