ABC confirmed Friday that the show, inspired by the 1980s series by the same name, had been renewed. Disney announced that it had cut ties with Savage, who starred in the original series, last week after an investigation into allegations of “inappropriate conduct” was launched.
En un comunicado a Fox News, 20th Television, a subsidiary of Disney Television Studios, addressed the Savage matter.
“Recientemente, we were made aware of allegations of inappropriate conduct by Fred Savage, and as is policy, an investigation was launched. Upon its completion, the decision was made to terminate his employment as an executive producer and director of ‘The Wonder Years,'” un portavoz dijo.
Following Savage’s dismissal, reports surfaced that the actor was “rápido para el enojo” while on the show’s set. Sources close to the director cited his anger taking a toll on people he worked with.
“He works his crews pretty hard by always doing more takes than necessary,” the insider told Gente revista.
“Some directors just overshoot. Sometimes they feel like they didn’t get the performance or want to try another angle or things like that. He overshoots, and the days are longer, therefore giving more opportunities to snap at people.”
A second source told the outlet Savage “can have a temper and occasional outbursts.”
This isn’t the first time salvaje has been the subject of a harassment scandal.
As previously reported en 2018, his on-screen mom on “Los años maravillosos,” Alley Mills, claimed that the show was not picked up for a seventh season due to ongoing harassment allegations against him.
En 1993, a costume designer, Monique Long, filed a lawsuit in L.A. alleging she was unable to do her job because Savage, luego 16, reportedly made sexual remarks, propositioned her for an affair and requested to hold her hand. She was eventually fired from the show. The case was dropped after an undisclosed out-of-court settlement.
Fox News’ Adam Sabes contributed to this report.