“Wear a mask” 和 “I can’t breathe” are among the top 10 quotes of the year selected by a Yale Law School librarian.
Here is the entire list:
- “Wear a mask.” — Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Dr. 安东尼·福西, repeatedly urging Americans to slow the spread of Covid-19.
- “我无法呼吸。” — George Floyd in his final words to Minneapolis police before he died May 25.
- “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.” — President Donald Trump about the 新冠病毒 二月 27.
- “I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning?” — Trump during a White House Coronavirus Task Force news briefing 在四月 23.
- “I will never lie to you. You have my word on that.” — White House Press Secretary 凯利·麦肯尼（Kayleigh McEnany） at her first press briefing May 1.
- “My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed.” — Supreme Court Justice 露丝·巴德·金斯堡 in a statement dictated to her granddaughter Clara Spera.
- “If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t Black.” — Joe Biden on “The Breakfast Club” radio program on May 22.
- “The science should not stand in the way of this.” — McEnany about the reopening of schools on July 16.
- “You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier.” — Biden February 9 to a student who asked how he can win a national election after his troubling results in Iowa.
- “We are all Lakers today.” — Los Angeles Clippers Coach Doc Rivers after the death of Kobe Bryant on January 26.