Goeie more en welkom by Fox News First. Dit is wat u moet weet as u u dag begin …
Trump hails Rush Limbaugh during ‘Hannity’ voorkoms: ‘Hulle het almal Rush gerespekteer’
Former President Donald Trump aangesluit “Hannity” on Wednesday night to remember conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh, who died at age 70 after a long battle with Long kanker.
Trump reflected on his decision to award Limbaugh the Presidential Medal of Freedom during the State of the Union Address last February, just days after the conservative icon announced his Stage IV lung cancer diagnosis.
“It was an idea that we had that a lot of people suggested to me, eerlik gesê, a lot of great people of our country, largely Republican,” Trump told host Sean Hannity. “It was an amazing night because the Republicans went wild and the Democrats sat there, but they all respected Rush.”
The former president met Limbaugh after announcing his 2016 bid for the Republican nomination. According to Trump, the two connected instantly, bonding over their love of golf and mutual commitment to conservative values.
“I got to know him right after coming down the escalator [to announce my candidacy in July 2015]. He was there right from the beginning,” Trump gesê, revealing that he would regularly check in with Limbaugh on the state of his health. KLIK HIER VIR MEER OOR ONS TOPVERHAAL.
In ander ontwikkelings:
– Rush Limbaugh, conservative talk radio pioneer, dood by 70
– Sean Hannity betaal huldeblyk to Rush Limbaugh: Radio-ikoon 'het die siel van 'n nasie gevorm'
– Tucker Carlson: Hoekom Rush Limbaugh mattered
– Laura Ingraham mourns death of Rush Limbaugh as ‘cataclysmic loss’
– Glenn Beck: Rush Limbaugh should be remembered as ‘the Johnny Carson of radio’
– Rush Limbaugh’s brother plasings message on Twitter following radio icon’s death
– John Rich onthou Rush Limbaugh’s anonymous $ 100G donation to ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ fondsinsameling
– Rush Limbaugh guest host Mark Steyn reflects on broadcaster’s death: ‘Hy was eenvoudig die beste’
Cuomo administration facing federal probes over handling of nursing home crisis: verslag doen
The FBI and U.S. attorney’s office in Brooklyn, N.Y., have begun an investigation into how New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s administration handled the state’s nursing home crisis during the coronavirus pandemic, according to a report Wednesday.
The investigation is focused on top members of Cuomo’s coronavirus task force, the Albany Times-Union reported, citing a source with direct knowledge of the matter. Neither Cuomo nor any administration official has at this point been accused of any wrongdoing.
Members of Cuomo’s task force include New York State Health Commissioner Howard Zucker and Secretary to the Governor Melissa DeRosa. The latter drew scrutiny this month after she seemingly admitted the governor’s team withheld information related to COVID-19-related deaths at nursing homes.
“As we publicly said, DOJ has been looking into this for months. We have been cooperating with them and we will continue to,” Cuomo senior adviser Rich Azzopardi said in a statement.
It was not clear whether Azzopardi’s statement referred to the Brooklyn U.S. attorney’s probe, which the Times-Union described as “in its early stages.” Azzopardi’s statement did not specify whether Cuomo’s office was in touch with FBI or U.S. attorney’s office officials regarding a fresh investigation.
A spokesman for the US Attorney’s Office in Brooklyn told the Times-Union he could neither confirm nor deny that an investigation was underway. KLIK HIER VIR MEER.
In ander ontwikkelings:
– Nikki Haley slams media, Biden for Cuomo praise amid nursing home scandal
– Ted Cruz calls for congressional probe of Cuomo nursing home scandal
– Meghan McCain torches media’s ‘piss-poor’ dekking of Cuomo nursing home scandal: ‘Journalistic malpractice’
– Cuomo reageer to Democratic lawmaker who claims governor said he would ‘destroy’ hom: 'Mnr. Kim is lying’
– CNN eise it reinstated ‘rule’ barring Chris Cuomo from covering brother as nursing home scandal grows
– CNN’s Chris Cuomo continues blackout of brother’s nursing home scandal, MSNBC primetime hosts also avoid
Texans weather and power crises threaten those with serious health conditions
Ten minste 10 people have died and countless others are facing life-threatening conditions as Texans prepared to enter day four of frigid weather without heat and power.
A growing concern is for those people in the storm’s path with serious health conditions.
“That’s concerning not only for temperature but also for people who are on oxygen or do need electronic devices for their health,” said Kasey Breidenthal, Comfort Homes’ director of operations, according to KTAB-TV in Abilene, Texas.
In the Dallas suburb of Richardson, a woman who relies on an oxygen machine had to be taken to a local hospital and then a dialysis center where the machine was charged, the Texas Tribune reported.
Omgekeerd, carbon monoxide poisoning has become a major health concern. At least two deaths have been reported and in Houston alone, Texas’ largest city has seen 300 carbon monoxide poisoning cases, according to the Houston Chronicle. The rise in cases has come about from people trying to stay warm in running cars in garages, BBQ pits and generators used indoors.
The power problems have also impacted water pressure levels across the Lone Star State. 'N Geskatte 7 million people were told to boil their water or stop using it entirely as homeowners, hospitals, and businesses grappled with low pressure, broken water mains and burst pipes. KLIK HIER VIR MEER.
In ander ontwikkelings:
– Texas mayor who vertel residents ‘no one owes you’ amid winter blast says wife got fired: verslag doen
– Long lines form at Texas grocery stores as food demand soars amid historic storm
– AOC sê Green New Deal would have helped to prevent Texas blackouts
– Frigid weather scraps more sports events in Texas, Oklahoma
– ‘Matras Mack’ provides shelter to hundreds of Texans left withoutpower from winter storm
VANDAG SE MOET-LEES:
– Bowe Bergdahl names Trump, McCain as defendants in lawsuit challenging court-martial
– Biden gespot for claim that ‘we didn’t have’ COVID-19-entstof toe hy sy amp betree
– Baltimore activist stel voor paying killers not to kill: verslag doen
– Tennessee boy, 10, sterf after trying to save sister from frozen pond, verslae sê
– Oakland store owner gearresteer after firing shots to thwart robbery: verslag doen
– MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace ignored Lincoln Project scandals after constantly hosting, praising co-founders
– Naomi Osaka edges out Serena Williams at Australian Open
DIE NUUTSTE VAN FOX BUSINESS:
– Pfizer sê South African variant could significantly reduce COVID-19 vaccine protection
– Demokrate teiken Biden over $ 50G student loan debt forgiveness snub
– wit Huis ramps up effort to tackle automotive chip shortage
– Senators say US mail’s vervolg delays are ‘unacceptable’
– Costco is offering COVID vaccinations, but there’s a catch
– Tesla CEO Elon Musk klap Texas energy agency as unreliable: ‘not earning that R’
#Die terugflits: KLIK HIER om uit te vind waarop daar gebeur het “Hierdie dag in die geskiedenis.”
Sean Hannity fondly remembered the late Rush Limbaugh on Wednesday’s “Hannity” as a legendary broadcaster and a “great patriot.”
“God, geloof, familie, country – this is what Rush Limbaugh embodied and tens of millions of Americans listened,” Het Hannity gesê. “He was an innovator, he was a pioneer, he was a trailblazer, he was a great patriot. He fought every single day to make this country a more perfect union and a better place.”
Nog nie aangemeld vir Fox News First nie? Klik op hier om uit te vind wat jy mis.
Fox News se Gaan Kyk bladsy is nou beskikbaar, bied besoekers opsies vir betaaltelevisieverskaffers in hul omgewing met Fox News Channel & Fox Business Network.
Fox News First is saamgestel deur Fox News’ Jack Durschlag. Dankie dat u die oggend u eerste keuse gemaak het! We’ll see you in your inbox first thing Friday.