Goeie more en welkom by Fox News First. Dit is wat u moet weet as u u dag begin …
Trump impeached by House over Capitol riots, becomes first president to face rebuke twice
The House of Representatives Wednesday made history by voting to impeach President Trump for a second time for “incitement of insurrection” after a mob of his supporters besieged the Capitol on Jan. 6 in a failed attempt to stop the certification of President-elect Joe Biden’s Electoral College win.
The House voted 232-197 to impeach the president. Ten Republicans joined with Democrats.
Trump has just one week left in office, but the supporters of the impeachment push say Trump is too dangerous to stay in office. The impeachment resolution condemns Trump for spreading lies that he won the election in a landslide and whipping up a crowd of supporters in Washington D.C. before the riot that killed five people, including a Capitol Police officer. KLIK HIER VIR MEER OOR ONS TOPVERHAAL.
In ander ontwikkelings:
– James Comey sê Biden should consider pardoning Trump
– What a Senate impeachment trial kon mean for Trump – and why it might not happen at all
– Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene geloftes to file articles of impeachment against Biden
– Andrew McCarthy: House impeachment vote represents ‘wasted opportunity’ vir konsensus
– Trump ‘would have standing to challenge’ sy beskuldigingverhoor: Turley
– Kevin McCarthy sê impeachment would divide: 'Resolusie van sensuur sal verstandig wees'
Matt Gaetz pushes back on Crenshaw over Cheney impeachment vote defense
Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., pushed back against fellow Republican Rep. En Crenshaw, R-Texas, Wednesday after the congressman defended Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., the highest-ranking woman in the house, for her vote to impeach President Trump.
“With all due respect to Rep. Crenshaw, this is a minority view within the minority party,” Gaetz tweeted to Crenshaw.
Crenshaw said earlier that Cheney had a “hell of a lot more backbone than most” and called her a “principled leader.”
Cheney and nine other House Republicans voted along with Democrats to impeach Trump Wednesday for “incitement of insurrection” after a mob of his supporters stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6 in an unsuccessful attempt to stop the certification of President-elect Joe Biden’s electoral college win over the president. KLIK HIER VIR MEER.
In ander ontwikkelings:
– Hierdie is die 10 Republicans who voted to impeach Trump
– Liz Cheney gesigte backlash from some GOP lawmakers after backing Trump impeachment
– Brit Hume: Division in America ‘as bad as it’s ever gotten‘ in post-Civil War era
– Tucker Carlson: Why Democrats gesoek to impeach Trump again, and why the GOP went along
Jack Dorsey, uitvoerende hoof van Twitter, verdedig die verbod op Trump, maar erken die maatskappy se kragstelle 'gevaarlik’ presedent
Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey spoke out Wednesday about his company’s decision last week to ban President Trump from its platform.
“I do not celebrate or feel pride in our having to ban @realDonaldTrump, or how we got here,” Dorsey began a lengthy Twitter thread. “After a clear warning we’d take this action, we made a decision with the best information we had based on threats to physical safety both on and off Twitter. Was this correct?
“I believe this was the right decision for Twitter,” Dorsey continued. “We faced an extraordinary and untenable circumstance, forcing us to focus all of our actions on public safety. Offline harm as a result of online speech is demonstrably real, and what drives our policy and enforcement above all.
“Dit gesê, having to ban an account has real and significant ramifications. While there are clear and obvious exceptions, I feel a ban is a failure of ours ultimately to promote healthy conversation. And a time for us to reflect on our operations and the environment around us,” the CEO went on.
Dorsey acknowledged that taking such actions “fragment the public conversation”, “divide us” en “limit the potential for clarification, redemption, and learning.” He also admitted that the power of his corporation in the “global public conversation” has set a “gevaarlik” presedent. KLIK HIER VIR MEER.
In ander ontwikkelings:
– Snapchat to ban Trump from platform
– Praat uitvoerende hoof sê social media app, favored by Trump supporters, may not return
– Parler CEO on ‘shocking’ beperkings by Amazon, Apple and Google: ‘You just never think it will happen’
– Hacker goes after Parler users, archives terabytes of data
VANDAG SE MOET-LEES:
– Huis Dems request probe into ‘suspicious behavior,’ following allegation of Capitol ‘reconnaissance’ tours
– Hannity urges McConnell to reject impeachment ‘madness’ in die Senaat: ‘Jy behoort van beter te weet’
– Demokratiese Rep. Cicilline gevang removing mask to sneeze on House floor
– Powerball lottery numbers drawn as jackpot tops $ 550M
– CNN se Jake Tapper geblaas for questioning disabled veteran GOP rep’s patriotism for opposing impeachment
– Brooklyn Nets acquire James Harden from Houston Rockets in blockbuster deal: verslae
DIE NUUTSTE VAN FOX BUSINESS:
– Poshmark set to join IPO boom
– Connecticut ondersoek Amazon’s e-book business
– SpaceX’s Dragon spacecraft splashes down off west coast of Florida
– Biden eyes child tax credit expansion among stimulus measures: verslag doen
– Most expensive home in US is going up for sale in Los Angeles: verslag doen
– IRS gesigte Friday deadline to send out $ 600 economic impact payments
#Die terugflits: KLIK HIER om uit te vind waarop daar gebeur het “Hierdie dag in die geskiedenis.”
Sy. Lindsey Graham, the outgoing Senate Judiciary Committee chairman, joined Sean Hannity Wednesday night on primetime’s “Hannity” to discuss how he’s asked President-elect Joe Biden to have Democrats drop impeachment proceedings.
“I think we shouldn’t legitimize this (beskuldiging),” Graham said. “These actions, if they continue, will incite more violence. Every time you ask President Trump to calm his people down, to reject violence, he has done it. Nou, how has he been met – I think by outrageous conduct by the Congress itself….To the American people, what good is going to come from impeaching President Trump when he’s out of office?”
Nog nie aangemeld vir Fox News First nie? Klik op hier om uit te vind wat jy mis.
Fox News se Gaan Kyk bladsy is nou beskikbaar, bied besoekers opsies vir betaaltelevisieverskaffers in hul omgewing met Fox News Channel & Fox Business Network.
Fox News First is saamgestel deur Fox News’ Jack Durschlag. Dankie dat u die oggend u eerste keuse gemaak het! We’ll see you in your inbox first thing Friday.