Washington Post associate editor Bob Woodward and national political reporter Robert Costa alleged in their upcoming book “Peril” that Milley made two secret phone calls to Gen. Li Zuocheng of the People’s Liberation Army, his Chinese counterpart.
Milley reportedly made the calls before the 2020 presidential election on Oct. 30, 2020, and two days after the Jan. 6 Oproer van die Capitol, op Jan.. 8, 2021, and assured Zuocheng of the stability of the American government. He also allegedly assured the Chinese general that he would contact him regarding any imminent attack from the U.S. in the waning days of Trump’s presidency.
“So, eerstens, if it is actually true, which is hard to believe, that he would have called China and done these things and was willing to advise them of an attack or in advance of an attack, that’s treason,” Trump told host Sean Spicer on NewsmaxTV’s “Spicer & Co.”
“I’ve had so many calls today saying that’s treason, nommer een,” Trump continued. Acknowledging he was tough on China regarding trade and COVID-19, he went on to describe as “totally ridiculous” the idea that he would order an attack on China.
In a statement released shortly after the interview, Trump called on Milley to step aside, floating a theory that Milley came up with the story himself and leaked it to Woodward and Costa, whom he described as writers of “fiction, not fact.” KLIK HIER VIR MEER OOR ONS TOPVERHAAL.
In ander ontwikkelings:
– Afgetrede Lt. Kol. Alexander Vindman sê Genl. Milley ‘must resign’ if his secret calls with China occurred
– Mark Milley’s alleged China bel ‘violated the law’, retired colonel says; ‘He has no statutory authority’
– Rubio oproepe on Biden to fire Milley after book claims general sought to undermine Trump
– Tucker Carlson: Mark Milley toegewyd treason, and others were implicated
– Hannity: Milley moet wees ‘tried for treason’ if bombshell report proves to be true
Kaliforniese goewerneur. Gavin Newsom survives recall election
Kaliforniese goewerneur. Gavin Newsom will keep his job steering the nation’s most populous state.
The Associated Press projected that a majority of Californians voted against removing Newsom from office in Tuesday’s recall election of the embattled first-term Democratic governor.
Newsom, a former mayor of San Francisco who was overwhelmingly elected governor in 2018 in the heavily blue state, was facing a recall drive sparked last year mainly over accusations that he mishandled his state’s response to the coronavirus, the worst pandemic to strike the globe in a century.
Ballots were mailed last month to California’s estimated 22 million registered voters and needed to be postmarked or handed in by the time the polls closed, by 8 nm. PT. KLIK HIER VIR MEER.
In ander ontwikkelings:
– Newsom recall defense kry business donor boost
– Newsom kry graded by San Francisco residents
– Silikon vallei verdeel on California recall election
– Mike Piazza’s video pitch for Larry Elder fails to sway California voters to oust Newsom in recall election
Alex Murdaugh shooting: South Carolina police say attack on lawyer was botched hit in life insurance plot
South Carolina police have arrested a man who allegedly conspired with Alex Murdaugh, a high-profile attorney whose wife and son were murdered in a double shooting in June, to shoot and kill him in a plot to garner millions in life insurance payouts to his son.
“Agents of the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division Tuesday arrested a Colleton County man in connection with the shooting incident involving Alex Murdaugh on Sept. 4 in Hampton County,” South Carolina Law Enforcement Division spokesman Tommy Crosby said in a statement.
Curtis Edward Smith, 61, faces charges of assisted suicide, assault and battery, pointing and presenting a firearm, insurance fraud and conspiracy to commit insurance fraud in connection with the case, according to the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division.
Investigators said they have probable cause to believe Murdaugh set up the plot himself – but survived the shooting attempt with a superficial wound to the head, according to a SLED affidavit.
“Richard Alex Murdaugh conspired with Curtis Edward Smith in the area of Old Salkehatchie Road, for the purpose of Mr. Smith assisting Mr. Murdaugh to commit suicide,” the affidavit alleges. “Mnr. Murdaugh provided Mr. Smith with a firearm and directed Mr. Smith to shoot him in the head for the purpose of causing Mr. Murdaugh’s death and allowing for the payment of a stated death benefit.”
If the plot succeeded, Murdaugh’s surviving son, Buster Murdaugh, could have collected on his father’s $ 10 million life insurance policy, polisie gesê. KLIK HIER VIR MEER.
In ander ontwikkelings:
– South Carolina police investigating whether Alex Murdaugh misappropriated funds from former law firm
– Florida sheriff praises K9s shot during arrest: took bullets meant for deputies
– 4 Minnesota adults dood gevind inside SUV in Wisconsin cornfield: ‘It’s highly unusual’
VANDAG SE MOET-LEES:
– Noord-Korea brande 2 ballistic missiles; Japan’s Suga rips test as ‘absolutely outrageous’
– Texas aborsiewet: Biden’s DOJ vra judge to intervene
– California couple sterf from COVID-19 complications, leaving behind newborn and 4 other kids
– Sy. Risch: Biden administration is ‘delusional’ on Afghanistan and ‘out of step with the American people’
DIE NUUTSTE VAN FOX BUSINESS:
– Billionaire supermarket owner sê inflation causing manufacturers to panic
– Instagram acknowledges app can harm teens’ self-esteem in response to report
– Biden’s soak-the-rich tax plan verdun by Democratic allies in Congress
– Hoe Biden pressured Manchin to back $ 1.9T stimulus deal over the phone
Laura Ingraham said Tuesday night that while Democrats erupted over what they termed the Jan. 6 Kapitool “opstand,” Amerikaanse. Army Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, was quietly orchestrating a similar plan – behind the back of former President Donald Trump.
“Today we learned the truth,” the host of “Die Ingraham-hoek” told viewers. “There was indeed an insurrection being played in Washington, but it took place at the Pentagon. And the chief architect was Gen. Mark Milley.”
She then suggested Milley made two secret phone calls to China’s Gen. Li Zuocheng in the waning days of Trump’s presidency – without Trump’s knowledge.
Nog nie aangemeld vir Fox News First nie? Click here om uit te vind wat jy mis.
Fox News se Gaan Kyk bladsy is nou beskikbaar, bied besoekers opsies vir betaaltelevisieverskaffers in hul omgewing met Fox News Channel & Fox Business Network.
Fox News First is saamgestel deur Fox News’ Jack Durschlag. Dankie dat u die oggend u eerste keuse gemaak het! Ons sal jou Donderdag eerste in jou inkassie sien.